Chapter 3

Jun WeiXiang's eyes slowly fluttered open. A sharp pain pierced his head, causing him to utter a low groan. He tried to lift a hand to rub his head, but found that his arm was bound to his body, much like the rest of his limbs. At first, he thought he was tied up and taken as a hostage, but then he reasoned that no one would use a blanket to tie someone up. 

He found the actions of the person who tucked him in to be adorably foolish. 

"You've waken." A gentle voice drifted in. "ShuFang pays his greetings."

From the bed, Jun WeiXiang could see a vague shadow of a man standing near the doorframe. The man's (SF) face got clearer and clearer as it approached. A face clear of any imperfections came into his view. A transparent strip of white cloth was tied around the face, covering the closed eyes. 

"Hey..little help here?" Jun WeiXiang casually asked for a hand; for some reason, he felt oddly comfortable around this man. ShuFang was slightly shocked from Jun WeiXiang's informal tone for a moment before regaining his tranquil expression. Afterall, Jun WeiXiang was renowned for his cold and ruthless personality. What's more, he was a prince that shouldn't be able to converse with a normal citizen with such a casual tone.

"Yes. Of course." ShuFang smiled as he gracefully strode forward to untangle Jun WeiXiang from the blanket. 

Jun WeiXiang examined the man before him. He found ShuFang to be quite a beauty, but he didn't care for appearances. As the WarGod, he's seen countless beautiful people, both men and women, approach him to climb the ladder. He's always held these people in disdain. After all, he'll prefer a beautiful heart over a beautiful face any day. 

"Thank you." Jun WeiXiang thanked ShuFang with a smile on his face. Of course, ShuFang, being a blind man, couldn't see the smile on Jun WeiXiang's face. He could only perceive a friendly aura. 

ShuFang coughed in embarrassment. Although his power (ShadowCorps) rivalled the imperial power, he still felt uncomfortable being thanked by royalty. 

"No, it's this citizen's pleasure. Your highness may recuperate here for as long as you need. If your highness needs assistance, please call the servants outside. No worries, this citizen has only informed them that your highness is an esteemed guest of this household, not that your highness is of royalty, so your highness's identity won't get leaked." 

ShuFang let Jun WeiXiang absorb all the information before continuing, "This citizen doesn't need any compensation for this, this citizen just hopes to not be entangled in the battles of inheriting the throne."

Jun WeiXiang narrowed his eyes in suspicion. This man seemed to be too perceptive to be a normal citizen. Immediately, he casted away his casual tone and started to question the man. "How did you find out benwang's identity? How did you know about the battles of inheriting the throne? Who are you?"

"This citizen, although blind, has the sense of touch. This citizen felt the words on your highness's jade last night when this citizen found your highness collapsed behind the plum blossom trees. About the battles of the throne, anyone with a brain can figure it out. 17 princes, one final inheritor for the throne. Of course there'll be fights and arguments. As for this citizen's identity, this citizen is known as the Sightless Fairy." ShuFang unhurriedly explained, his voice as clear as the spring waters. 

"Oh." Jun WeiXiang blinked. He felt a slight sense of shame when he heard ShuFang saying that anyone with a brain could figure out about the inner battles of the palace. "Wait, what's that about a Sightless Fairy?"

ShuFang was speechless. How could he forget that Jun WeiXiang had been fighting a war for 3 years? Of course he wouldn't know about the Sightless Fairy.. 

His ears reddened in embarrassment. "T-that, this citizen has been called the Sightless Fairy because of my blinded eyesight..." ShuFang's fingers slightly gripped the edges of his oversized sleeves and fidgeted with it. 

And of course, Jun WeiXiang, being a martial artists with his 5 senses enhanced, saw ShuFang's shy actions.

A burst of bright laughter chimed, sounding as vigorous as the march of an army, yet as warm as the spring breeze, as it filled the house with joy. 

Jun WeiXiang clutched his stomach and bawled over in laughter. 'How can someone be so cute?! His character is so different from the reports! A gentle and calm personality? Where?' He thought, his body still trembling from laughter. ShuFang may not know of it, but Jun WeiXiang has actually heard of the Sightless Fairy from his many intelligence reports. He didn't expect ShuFang to be the Sightless Fairy either, but once he heard ShuFang call himself(SF) the Sightless Fairy, he(JWX) couldn't help but tease him (SF) a little! 

[A/N: GAP MOEEEEE]

ShuFang's jaw slightly dropped. His mouth hung open as he wondered if he was hallucinating. The 5th prince, aka the ruthless WarGod, was laughing like a fool! What happened to all the reports on the 5th prince being a cold killing machine?

Jun WeiXiang saw ShuFang's mouth dropping open and had the urge to laugh even more. 

"Your highness.." ShuFang mumbled, unsure of what to say. 

"Haha..I haven't had such a good laugh in a while. No need to call me your highness, just talk to be informally." Jun WeiXiang said. He didn't want a wall between them. 

"But your highness, this is improper conduct--" ShuFang tried to deny before Jun WeiXiang interrupted him. 

"Friends don't need such rules between them!" Jun WeiXiang raised an eyebrow in amusement. "Or are you disobeying my orders?" 

"This citizen doesn't dare." ShuFang told him. 

"This citizen?" Jun WeiXiang's tone had a slight threatening edge to it. 

"I mean...ShuFang doesn't dare..." ShuFang sighed in defeat. 

"Good!" Jun WeiXiang laughed. "So...where's breakfast? My stomach's growling like crazy here." 

"I'll tell the servants to bring it in." ShuFang ran away before Jun WeiXiang could speak up. Once he closed the doors, ShuFang's slightly shocked look resided as he propped his chin in suspicion. He didn't understand why Jun WeiXiang was being so courteous with him. Friends? As if he could trust anyone of royalty. 

ShuFang's expression held a mix of grief, anger, sadness, and finally, determination as he faced up at the clear azure skies. Although he couldn't see the colours of the skies anymore, he could still feel the warmth of the sunshine resting on his face. 'Never again.' He thought, steeling his heart with countless defences as he went to the kitchen to instruct the servants to deliver breakfast to the 'esteemed guest.'