Part 13

Yoongi felt himself waking up to a bright room, too bright, as he blinked to adjust his eyes, but it was quiet, it was calm. Yoongi didn't mind it, but he quickly realized he wasn't in his usual dorm. As his eyes adjusted to the morning sun, trickling in through the window, dancing on his sheets, which weren't his sheets, it finally dawned on him, that he was in the hospital ward. And as the events that took place in his last few moments of consciousness came crashing back in, came flooding, suffocating him as he choked out, "S-Seok-ah..." Moving to get up, he was met with excruciating pain in his shoulder, "Ahh what the-"

"Careful hyung! Good, you're awake, but you have to be careful your still hurt." A worried, yet relieved Taehyung spoke as he lowered Yoongi back down on the bed, "Hyung your shoulder is still injured, you have to rest."

Yoongi could feel his eyes were wide, he didn't care if he looked like a deer in headlights, he needed answers, "Seok-ah...Hoseok where..."

The look on Taehyung's face, did nothing but chain Yoongi's heart up in an anchor, and let it drop, falling, sinking, deeper and deeper in uncertainty until Taehyung looked down towards Yoongi's hands.

Yoongi followed his gaze, finally realizing that his left hand was clutched tightly, a fist that became difficult to release, but when he did, when his eyes fell to the dog tags that laid helplessly in his own palm, the name 'Jung Hoseok' staring back at him. Yoongi felt the world fall out from under him.

"You've been out for a of couple days hyung, but you never let go, not once." Taehyung started, his own voice failing him, "Ever since he tossed them to you, even when you were unconscious, when they took the bullet out and stitched you up, you never let him go."

Yoongi felt the sob that was crawling out of his chest and into his throat, the hot tears that begged to fall, because he did, Yoongi did let him go.

Just like how they left his father behind to die.

He, left Hoseok behind.

_

Grey.

That's what Hoseok opened his eyes to, grey, grey walls, grey floors, grey ceiling. He blinked, waiting for his eyes to adjust, when he realized, as if the bars on one side of the small room wasn't a dead giveaway, that he was in a cell. A prison cell.

He tried to rummage through his memories, find an explanation, everything seemed to blur together and the last thing he remembered, the last thing he could picture, was Yoongi, bleeding out in the back of a military truck. But he was safe. He was okay...right?

The uneasiness brought Hoseok to his feet, well, he tried to at least. He didn't get far before he was met with a pain that latched onto his ribs, causing him to cry out when he realized, too quickly, too fast, that he couldn't move. And then his breathing picked up, because if he couldn't move, how could he get back to Yoongi? Yoongi, he had to make sure he was okay, he had to make sure he wasn't worried, Yoongi, he-

"Looks like sleeping beauty finally decided to join the party eh?" A man from outside his cell called, a smug smile on his face, Hoseok was trying to steady his breathing, calm his heart but the man's predator eyes did nothing but still Hoseok's blood, "Bet your wondering why you can't move?" His smug smile only grew, "Well you see, that gas back there was pretty strong, you past out pretty quickly. You know, you're lucky. You don't have any tags, but your rank there, lieutenant. If you were any lower ranked you'd be dead on the spot, but, we kept you as a prisoner instead, just had to make sure you weren't going to try any funny business." The man spoke, motioning to Hoseok's ribs.

Hoseok felt his heart stop, he couldn't move, his ribs were most likely broken, he was locked up in the heart of a foreign land, there was no hope for getting out, for going home. All he could do was trust that Yoongi was okay...that he was safe.