Part 14

Yoongi found his way back to his dorm that night, the comfort of a finalized plan filling each breath will a little more ease, a little more peace. 

After discarding the sling holding his arm he laid in bed, his gaze falling to the bed next to his own, the one that should be holding a boy whose smile was all too bright, whose laugh, all too loud, and who's eyes, the only pair of deep brown galaxies that could fill Yoongi's chest with everything that was right. He took a deep breath, after months, they had finally found each other again, and now, Yoongi had lost him, again. Too soon.

But Yoongi smiled, small and bittersweet as he whispered into the air, "There's nothing that could go wrong right? This...this can work...we can bring him back. He's alive."

The empty bed beside him offered no answer, no comfort to his thoughts, closing his eyes, Yoongi offered a silent prayer, a quiet message to Hoseok, "We're coming, stay strong Seok-ah, we're...we're coming." He whispered, before the gentle blanket of sleep washed over him.

_

"Is he..." Hoseok asked, eyes wide, "Is Min Hyun the father of Min Yoongi?"

Sanha looked around before moving to sit in front of Hoseok with heavy eyes, "You know his son?"

Hoseok smiled towards him, a comforting smile as he nodded, "Yeah, I love him."

The boys eyes met the ground between him and Hoseok, "It was a suicide mission. My little brother and I, we lived in a town on the south side of the border, Sokcho. But this was at the beginning of the war, we had no way of knowing what was going to happen...our parents were out in the town market when the southern forces showed up. Everyone had to evacuate, there was going to be a northern raid and as soon as my brother and I heard, instead of running to evacuate with the military, we went looking for our parents."

Sanha took a deep breath, struggling with his words, "We looked and looked, but it was chaos, there was no way we were going to find them. We were going to go back to the military trucks where everyone was and look there, but as soon as we started running, my brother saw the village cat. That damn cat..." the boy paused, shaking his head before continuing, "He went to grab the cat, a little black thing, she got scared and ran away from him, underneath this messy pile of wooden planks. And Jiwoo he...he went head first crawling underneath the wood to find the cat. He's determined, I guess I'll give him that. He finally had the cat, but with the chaos of everything, when he tried to get out of the mess of wooden planks, a bunch of them fell, blocking him off..."

"He was trapped in there." Hoseok whispered, hanging onto every word.

The boy nodded, "Yeah, I tried to lift up the wood, I screamed and screamed for help but nobody came, so finally, I went running to where everyone was evacuating. The military had truck after truck lined up at the entrance to our village, the engines started and some of them left, but one stayed, and they saw me."

Sanha rubbed his temple with his hand, "But as soon as I was close enough, one of the soldiers picked me up and even though I was kicking and screaming, I was beggin and pleading like a mad man, even still, they put me into that truck, 'We don't have time, we have to go.' he said but I couldn't listen to that. My brother was still stuck."

A small smile showed itself on the boys features, "But someone did. Someone heard me, and listened. It was Min Hyun, he was a soldier already in the truck tending to the people evacuated, he heard me screaming about Jiwoo, he told the soldiers to wait, got me out of that car and followed me as we raced towards Jiwoo."

"You got him out right? Min Hyun was able to get him out...right?" Hoseok asked, eyes wide in anticipation.

A small, smile mixed with sad eyes showed on Sanhas features, "Yes. It took Min Hyun no time at all to lift up those wooden planks, Jiwoo and the cat came running out towards me...but that's when the raid began. I could feel the heat from the explosions going off on the opposite side of the town, the sounds of the bombs still haunt me."