VI. To The Stars

note. So, as you're probably guessing, the "paint me like one of your French girls"
scene is coming. So, you've been warned.

"It's proper, I assure you." I said to Jack, walking into our sitting room. Jack and I walked in and I shut the door, "Will this light do?"

"What?" Jack asked.

"Don't artists need good light?" I asked, smiling.

"That is true." Jack said in a French accent, I laughed at him. I walked over to Cal's safe, putting the combination in and opening it. I pulled out the necklace Cal gave to Rose.

"Cal insists on grading this hideous thing everywhere." I said.

"It's nice, is it a sapphire?" Jack asked.

"A diamond." I said, "A very rare diamond."

"It would look beautiful on you." Jack said, smiling.

"Jack I want you to paint me like one of your French girls." I said, "Wearing this."

"Okay." Jack said.

"Wearing only this." I said, Jack looked at me, but nodded. I walked into the bathroom, and I slowly took my clothes off. I pulled my hair down. I put a sheer robe on and I walked into the room with Jack, his eyes instantly darted to me. This was it, no turning back now.

"Hey." Jack said.

"The last thing I need is another picture of me, looking like a porcelain doll." I said, Jack smiled, "And as a paying customer—" I threw a quarter at him "—I expect to get what I want."

I grabbed the edges of my robe, and I pulled it off, exposing my unclothed body. I felt Jack's eyes linger on me, looking me up and down.

"Just lay on the bed — the couch." Jack said.

"Nice save, Dawson." I said, I listened to him and laid on the sofa, "Just let me know what works."

"Move your arm up and tilt your head." Jack instructed.

"Like this?" I asked, Jack nodded.

"Don't move." Jack told me, then he started sketching. He looked so focused, so concentrated. He looked up at me and his face turned a light shade of red.

"I believe you are blushing, Mr. Big Artist." I teased, "I can't imagine Monae blushing."

"He does landscapes." Jack said, smiling at me, "Relax your face, don't move."

"Sorry." I said. Jack drew for about an hour, and every time he glanced up at me, shivers went down my spine.

"Done." Jack said. I got up and put my robe on, walking over to look at the drawing. It looked so realistic, so life like, "Thank you, Jack."

I placed a kiss on Jack's lips and smiled. I pulled away and walked over to a shelf to grab a piece of paper and a pen. I started writing a note to my family.

'Dear, Mother, Cal, and Rose. If you're reading this, then I'm with Jack. I couldn't stay away from him. I hope you can learn to be happy with out me.

Warm regards, (Y/n).

"What are you doing?" Jack asked, placing his head on my shoulder.

"Can you put this back in the safe?" I asked, handing Jack the necklace. He nodded and walked away. I put the note I wrote on top of the drawing and left it.

There was a loud knock on the door and I heard Love Joy's voice. I looked and Jack and grabbed his hand, pulling him to the back room.

"My drawings." Jack said.

"We'll come back, Jack." I said, pulling him along. I shut the door to the room, and walked into the halls of Titanic. Jack and I looked at each other and laughed. I heard Love Joy walk out of the room.

"Go!" I yelled while laughing, and Jack and I took off running to get away from Love Joy. We ran down some stairs and Jack crashed into a steward carrying glass plates.

"Sorry!" Jack said, "Keep up the great work."

Jack and I ran through a door, and rested against a wall.

"Pretty tough for a Malibu fella." Jack said, "He's like a cop."

"I Think he was." I said, "Cal's father hired him to make sure Cal would come home with his wallet full."

"Bet he was constantly on the run." Jack said, "Kind of like we are now."

Jack pulled my closer, leaning in to kiss me when I spotted Love Joy coming towards us.

"Love Joy." I said, pulling away from Jack.

"Oh shit!" Jack said, and we started running to get away again. Jack pounded on a door in the hall until it opened, then I slammed it shut once we were inside.

"Now what?" I asked, the boilers we're so loud. I couldn't here.

"What?!" Jack asked, not able to hear me, "We're going to have to go into the boiler room. I'll help you down and we'll make a run for it."

I nodded. Jack opened the small exit door on the floor and he jumped through. I walked over and jumped in and Jack caught me.

"Hold up." One of the boiler men said, "What are you two doing down here? It could be dangerous."

Jack and I ignored him and we started running through the smoke filled boiler room. We ran, and laughed, ignoring all the yelling.

"Carry on!" Jack yelled, "Don't mind us, you're doing great."

Jack stoped when we got to the end of the boilers, and he pulled me close. Jack pulled me into a kiss, then he pulled his lips away from mine, trailing down to my neck, planting small kisses there.

Jack detached his lips from my neck and he pulled me into the Ship's storage room.

"Look, an automobile." Jack said, pulling me over to the car. He opened the door for me and I got in, Jack got in the driver's seat. Jack honked the horn and I laughed.

"Where to, miss?" Jack asked in a fancy accent.

"To the stars." I said, pulling Jack in the back seat with me. Jack wrapped his arm around me, and a grabbed his hands. I brought his hand to my mouth, kissing each of his fingers delicately.

"You nervous?" Jack asked.

"No." I whispered. I suddenly felt a little daring, "Put your hands on me, Jack."

I grabbed Jack's hand, placing it on my breast. I pulled Jack in for a kiss, our tongues danced together and it was a fight for domination. I knew what I was getting myself into, and I didn't mind. I wanted this. I wanted Jack.