Chapter Eight

Levi

At first, Irisa is silent, and I can see just how pale and shaky she is. So, I pull over Stefan's car and Irisa shoots a confused but weary glare at me. "He took too much blood from you. I'm guessing Damon also fed on you while you slept." I tell her and Irisa's teeth grit.

"I'm going to kill him." She grumbles lowly.

"You need more blood or you will die, Irisa. But, you'll come back like Vicki because he fed you his blood last night." Her eyes become shadowed and I see her nod. I don't think you get it, Irisa. You need to take a lot. It won't pass out of your system in a day like the little bit Damon gave you. You have to be careful." I warn her.

"I'm not stupid, Leviticus." Irisa says, and I can't help but smile.

"No, you certainly aren't." I tell her and roll up my sleeve.

"You healed me when I was in the hospital." Irisa murmurs.

"Yes, I couldn't let you suffer." I bite my wrist, and Irisa's hands lock around my arm, her lips covering the wound I'd made. As my blood falls down her throat, she grips my arm tighter, and I sigh, cupping her face with my free hand. Irisa drinks deeply, and I hear the sound of her heart beat beginning to roar with life as her skin returns to it's natural tan. And, somehow, she knows when she's had enough and pulls away, licking the line of blood on my wrist as it heals. Then she begins licking the blood from her lips. I gently rub my thumb over her lips, wiping off the last drop of my blood. She doesn't let go of my wrist, instead, unclips her seat belt, and moves towards me. I don't move and Irisa somehow makes her way into my lap, despite the closed encounters of the car, and finally lets go of my wrist. Her hands cup my face, and she stares at me for a moment, obviously thinking.

"Rhiannon was a fool for falling out of love with you." Irisa whispers, "Loving Damon just got her killed."

I reach up, lightly pushing her dark hair out of her face. "I only drove her away by loving her, Irisa." I tell her quietly. "I never once left her since she became a vampire. But I never was enough for her her."

Irisa has a strange look in her eyes, and she whispers "No, she wasn't enough. And she was wrong." Then, Irisa's lips descend upon my own, and I feel warmth spread through me. Irisa's fingers stroke my cheeks and jawline, and my lips part. I gently touch my tongue to hers, and a shiver runs through me. Her tongue delicately caresses my own, and I let my lips mesh with hers, my breathing becoming a bit heavy. Her scent is so overpowering, all irises and honeysuckle, and the bite of peppermint fresh on her tongue. When her face pulls back from mine, her eyes are closed, and her lips look a bit swollen from kissing me so rough and intensely. When her eyes open, they seem to be nearly pure green instead of hazel. She whispers, "This is why you make me nervous."

"I don't understand." I admit quietly, clearing my throat.

"Damon is so forward with me, you aren't." Irisa murmurs.

"Did you kiss Damon too?"I ask and get a quick shake of her head.

"I don't want him." She wraps her arms around my waist, laying her head against my chest. "I want you to help me kill him."

Her body finally feels warm, and I feel her heart beat pounding against my belly. "Irisa, don't say that. If he ever finds out you actually plan on killing him, you become a threat. Do you know how he handles threats?" I demand, and she shakes her head, pulling back to look up at me. "He'll kill you, Irisa, no matter how much you remind him of Rhiannon. No matter how much he might already love you."

"He doesn't love me. I just look like her, so he's attracted to me. Just like you." Irisa says, pulling out of my arms, and sitting down in her seat, pulling on the seat belt. I let my eyes fall closed, feeling sick.