Chapter twenty seven

"And then I told him- I told him" I say while shaking Mia, she looks at me with a raised eyebrow before finally speaking.

"Ok, ok I know you told me ten times already and it's not the worst thing I mean he still likes you, even loves you for all I know" She says before crossing her legs on my bed and taking a handful of chips.

I sigh before nodding my head before replaying what she said.

Wait.

He doesn't love me.

"I will take what you said with me but not the love me part, he doesn't love me Mia, Ryder wouldn't fall for someone like me" I say before lying down on my pillow.

It was true, who would want a girl who was abused by her own father for eleven years and who was a stripper for a full time job.

"Why not? You're blind if you don't see it, your flawless and stunning Addison, you're genuine and nice who wouldn't want you?" She says before brushing her hands on her clothes.

I take a deep breath before sitting up and nodding my head.

"I will give you a minute" She says before smiling at me, she grabs the chips and I glare at her before we both laugh and before the door closes.

I grab my phone from my bed side table before sighing and finishes off my text message to Ryder.

To Ryder Walsh:

I'm ready to find Jacob.

From Addison Snow

I sigh before placing my phone back on charge and then heading into my bathroom.

I step into the shower and let the warm water consume me, once I am done I step out and dry myself, blow dry my hair, apply my vanilla moisturiser and then wrapping the towel around me before walking into my bedroom.

I walked into my closet before debating what to wear.

I chose a leopard patterned shirt, a mid thigh length red skirt and red heels, I curled my hair in beach waves before doing a half up and down bun style.

I applied my usual makeup before spraying my sweet scented perfume everywhere and then walking out.

I walked out of the apartment building before sighing and then hailing a taxi.

"Where are you Jacob?" I mutter to myself as I stare out of the busy window.

Why did life have to be like this?

So complicated and abnormal.

I would do anything to have a simple life and a proper childhood all those years ago, but I can't that's just how mine and my brother's life worked out to be, I hated admitting it but I couldn't avoid the truth.

I let out a breath of nerves after I paid the taxi driver and then stepped out and overlooked the huge building.

I walked in before heading to the front desk as Cindy gestured me over.

"Hey Cindy, what's up?" I ask as she smiles at me, we have gotten pretty close I guess over time.

Since she is Ryder's older sister she is very protective over him and she wanted to know so much about me before I was hired here, so we began talking and then eventually became friends if you must.

"Hey, Ryder said to meet him in his office now, it seemed urgent, better get too it" She says before I nod my head and was about to leave when she said something else.

"I think he really likes you" She says before I spin back around and smile lightly.

"Um thanks, bye Cindy" I say before rushing into the elevator.

Why does everyone think he likes me or I like him?

I rolled my eyes before straightening up my skirt and taking a deep breath as the elevator landed on the top floor.

I smile at the people who walked past me before walking down to Ryder's huge office.

I knock on the door and I am surprised when the door flies open.

I stare at Ryder as he overlooks the huge city out of his big window, once he doesn't notice me I clear my throat to get his attention.

"Have a seat" He says still not looking at me.

How did he know it was me?

I sigh before sitting across from him, the desk separates us as Ryder looks up at me.

Why is his knuckles in bandages?

"You look nice" He says before smirking at me.

"Thanks, you got my message right?" I ask while bitting my lip.

He nods his head before handing me some files.

"How did you get this?" I asked worriedly as I flicked through Jacob's personal record.

"Money can give you almost anything I took care of it" He says before winking at me.

My breath stop when I flip to where it says last seen.

"He was last seen yesterday in an alleyway" He says making me furrow my brows.

What was he doing in an alleyway?

"Ok, I guess I can work with that" I sigh worriedly.

"You're not alone" Ryder nods at me before I smile back.

This feeling is new to me.

Is it love? Being accepted for once? Knowing that someone is there for you?

Thoughts swirled around in my mind and I couldn't push them away.

I look up once Ryder's hand lands over mine, I bite my lip again before we stare at each other for a while.

My breath caught again when he held my hand.

I looked up before moving away slightly and then speaking again.

"Um, I will see you in an hour for you meeting Ryder" I say before grabbing the files and smiling lightly and then hurrying out.

I don't know why I was so scared, the more and more I think about I realise.

I am not ready to love a man, I don't know if I ever will be.

After everything that has happened I am surprised I don't fear Ryder.

Taking a deep breath I enter my office before taking a seat and staring at the file again and again.

I was going to find Jacob, I had too.

And nothing was going to stop me.

Question of the day:

What do you think of this side of Addison?

Did you have a good Easter?