Eighteen

People in my school are so dumb, I swear...

Someone said Michel Jackson was Elvis Presley then called both of them a her...please help these children

Y/n POV

Saturday, November seventh, 1:12pm. Two more hours. Two more hours until a face, name, and voice will be found for Darling. I could not wait, I'll be honest.

So to pass time, I will sit in my bed watching Netflix.

I was in the middle of a really good (show/movie), a bag of (chips/popcorn) in my hand, when the doorbell rang. My mom was out with James, so I ignored it. Unfortunately, after a few seconds of waiting for them to leave, they rang it again. And again. And again. It took a bit before I came to a conclusion that they wouldn't stop until I answered.

Groaning, I stand up, the cold, wood floor holding me up. I pause the (show/movie) then toss my phone on my bed. Rushing down the stairs, I almost trip on the way down. When I get to the door, I don't hesitate to open it, showing my annoyance very clearly.

There at the door, was no other than Lake, Rowen, Bex, and Em. Lake pulled her finger away from the doorbell, wearing a big smile, holding a small, holographic purse.
(Any holosexuals out there?...that is a reference, if you don't get it. Please don't think I'm insane. XD)

I roll my eyes at them. I could be upstairs, comfortably seated in my bed, watching (show/movie).

I lean against the door frame, showing no interest. "What are you doing here?"

"You're going to meet Darling today!" Lake speaks in the most stereotypical girly voice.

Rolling my eyes once again, I speak sarcastically. "Really? I didn't know."

Bexley laughs to herself, Rowen rolling his eyes with a small smile.

Embry pushes her way inside the house, looking around the place. "Okay, where's your room? Or bathroom, wherever you get ready at." Em asks, meeting eyes with me once again. She seriously just walked into my house. Great, now it will be harder to get them out.

"Um, no." I shake my head, crossing my arms. "You guys are not going to help me get ready."

Laken frowns. "Awe, c'mon!" She pouts.

Bex looks at Lake. "I told you she'd say no!"

"I'm not having tea with the queen of England, I don't need you making me look like I am. A simple hoodie and jeans will work perfectly fine." I glance between Em and Lake. I don't need to worry about Bex and Rowen. I know they were forced into this.

Em looks away from me, looking around the place before heading up the stairs. "Is your room up here?"

"Okay, so you don't know English!" I yell, dropping my arms and following her. The three others came in the house, following me.

"Second door to the left!" Laken yells, a smile on her face. "This is why I love her." Lake mumbles.

"This is why I hate both of you." I frustratedly spoke, rushing up the stairs. Lake makes an offended noise.

"You know she's not serious." Rowen mumbles as we reach my room.

Em is standing in the middle of it, admiring little details around it.

"미선, here is the (straightener/curler)."(미선 pronounced Mi Sun) Lake pulls out the hair product. How in the hell did she fit that in that small bag?

"Great, thanks!" Embry smiles as she grabs it from Lake's grip.

"Hold up," Bex interrupts the two. "미선? The hell does that mean?"

"Its her Korean name." Lake informs.

"Well, its my given name. My family name is 대, making my full name 대 미선."(대 -Dae. 대 미선 -Dae Mi Sun.) Embry nods.

"So you just chose a random name when you moved here?" Bex asks.

Em giggles. "Duh,"

"Plug it in over there." Lake points to a plug under my desk. Em listens to Lake and does as told.

"You're not touching my hair, changing my outfit, doing my makeup, nothing." I speak sternly.

"Y/n," Rowen grins, faking the most high pitched voice he could muster. "You're meeting a boy today, you need to look hot!"

I laugh at Rowen's weird side. I wish he would show more, but he doesn't want people thinking he's weird, so he hides it the best he can. All of us try to tell him not to, that he's fun that way, but he doesn't listen. I mean, you only have one try at life, he should use it and have fun. Be himself. Not hide away.

I gasp, bringing in much needed air. "Not happening," I shake my head.

By this time, Laken was already looking through my closet. "It is happening, whether you like it or not."

I fold my arms, anger returning. "What if I came into your house, without your permission, and start telling you you're going to dress and look like me?"

"Well," Lake looks at me, staring at my face, then clothes. "It wouldn't happen." She shakes her head, returning back to my clothes.

"Exactly!"

My phone began ringing loudly on my bed, interrupting our small argument. Groaning, I turn around and read the caller ID. As my eyes read across the screen, I groan again.

"What?" I answer with no emotion.

"Y/n!" The manager at Walmart, Lucy replies happily. "Listen, I really need you to fill in for someone today."

"What, no-!"

Lucy interrupted me. "Y/n, please! No one else will come! I know, its a Saturday, but Jake just called and said he had a family emergency and won't be here for a few days."

I sigh, thinking about it. What about Darling?

"Fine," I mumble. "I'll be there in fifteen minutes."

Pressing the small red circle to end the call, I toss my phone on my bed again. Everyone was staring at me curiously.

"Now, definitely nothing is happening. I have to go to work." I sigh, grabbing my blue shirt with the name tag and kaki pants.

"What?" Lake stomps her foot. "No, you need to meet Darling!"

"I can't, I have to work."

Annoyed, I shake my head. "Just go back home and do each others hair, I couldn't give a fuck what you do, as long as it doesn't pertain me."

Embry sighs disappointedly, unplugging the (straightener/curler). Ignoring them as they walked out of my room, I pick up my phone once again to tell Darling what's happening.

Blue
Change of plans. I got called into work last minute.

Welp...a tornado is supposed to come over where I live....fuck