Epilogue

Epilogue

I have been alive for nine-hundred and twenty-three years.

In those years, I have met thousands, maybe millions of people. Some of them, I loved. Some I hated. Some I forgot. Some I remembered. Out of them, though, I could count those whom had stayed by me always on two hands.

The people I loved were the only thing worth living for anymore. I had seen the world, witnessed culture, watched as cultures and empires rose and then fell to the ground. They were the only things I had left. More importantly, they were the only things I wanted.

Five years had passed since I had seen their faces filled with the same life and adoration as before.

I felt small hands shaking my shoulders, and my eyes fluttered open. My right hand was still wet and sticky from the Klaus' blood, which had covered it the moment I ripped Papa Tunde's blade from his chest.

The spell had taken so much out of me that I had fallen unconscious.

The sky was a bright blue that day, the sun shining and disappearing once in a while from the clouds slipping under it. I had gone outside because I didn't want to risk destroying Hayley's house when I made the spell.

"Rosie!" Hope shrieked, and when I finally started to sit up and look at her, I saw she was grinning. "It worked!"

My brain suddenly went into overdrive when I remembered what I had been doing. It worked. They were awake.

I jumped to my feet, and she did too, then grabbed my hand and pointed to the doorway. The candles illuminated the porch and the dust I had scattered on the ground. Above all, it illuminated the door as it opened.

My family stood there, Elijah coming out ahead of them. He saw me, and both of us were frozen for a mere moment before he was bounding down the steps and I was running across the grass.

Our bodies met like thunder in a storm, and my hands went to his neck as I immediately kissed him. It was filled with such a passion and strength that it seemed I was trying to devour him and make up for every moment I hadn't seen him in those torturous five years.

I had wanted a love that consumed me, and as I kissed him, I remembered every single reason why I loved him.

It was the way he cared for his family, the books he loved, the memories he shared with me, the way he touched me, the way he would protect anyone he loved with an unmatched strength and ferocity. I loved everything about him. Even the Red Door. I loved it all because it made him who he was. It made him into the man I adored more than anything else.

I held him tightly even when we pulled away, my head on his chest and my arms around him.

"Don't let me go," I pleaded.

"Never again, Roseia."

I still didn't have a heart but hearing him say my name likely would have sent it into overdrive if I did.

We finally did pull away and turn back to the porch, but his hand never left my body, whether it was holding my hand or resting on my waist.

I hugged them all tightly, constant whispers of how much I missed them leaving my mouth before my eyes landed on Klaus.

He was so happy. His shirt had a huge hole in it and he was covered in blood from when I pulled the blade out to wake him up, but he could not have looked any more content than he was in that moment.

"Thank you," was all he could say before he strode forwards and hugged me with almost as much love and need as his brother had.

It felt like forever before we finally pulled apart, and at that point, I wouldn't have cared if it had been. I would hold them forever if it meant we would never be apart again.

I had loved so many people in my time, and let go of even more. Souls had come into my life and gone, allowing me to forget what we had had.

But them, I would never let go.

When I had first met the Mikaelson's, I hadn't cared for people much. I hadn't wanted to be close to anyone because I had been afraid they would be ripped away from me like my family had.

I had wondered, how long would I love them? But I knew the answer now.

Always and Forever, of course.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It's been a long time since I updated this story. I know that it was partly because I lost inspiration for this story, but I think it was also because I didn't want to let go of it.

I'll be honest; Roseia is an extension of myself. I started this story when I was 14, and in fifteen days, I'll be 18. It has taken me four years to get this far with it. And god, I loved the journey. I may not love it as much as I did when I began but this story is different.  I grew with it, and with Roseia.

I can be strong and powerful like her, but I can also be weak and have issues and problems and sometimes want to have a full on mental breakdown, but that happens. That's a part of life. Every person in the world has one issue or another and each of them can learn to control and fight them just as I have.

You guys were there when my friend committed suicide, when someone I cared about nearly died, and when I finally realized that writing isn't just something I love, it's who I am. It's an extension of my very soul. Writing is something I will always have and I'm good at it now, and no one will ever take that away from me even if they try.

I want you all to understand that growth happens without your knowing it. You may feel weak and have a lack of control, but each trial you endure builds your soul. 

I hope that all of you enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed writing it. I love all of you.

I'm still around of course, but on behalf of this story:

Goodbye. :)

~ Heather