Chapter 40.7 - The Betas' Interlude

A/N (4/2/18) - This part has Bri, Ethel, and Onai's POVs.

-If you wanna see background info about the brothers, the brothers' parents, Suzie, or Krys, don't skip Bri.

-If you wanna know about the allies that are coming, or Ethel's imprint, don't skip Ethel's POV.

-If you wanna know a little more about Onai's family, Onai's past, his mom, his dad, Michael, or that little wolf that helped Mia out when she was being chased in the forest, don't skip Onai's POV.

I hope you enjoy! ^^ I'm trying to make this reading process as painless as possible, because I know this chapter's kind of long lol. And not everyone wanted to read about the betas. For anyone who's missing the romance, there'll be Aiden and Axel in the next chapter as prominent characters

---

Brittany's POV - Childhood

"And then he called me stupid," Asher screams, pulling at his mother's skirt.

"Aiden," she gasps, even though she doesn't sound at all surprised. "Did you use the s-word against your brother?"

"Yes he did," Asher says before Aiden gets the chance to, not that the colder brother would deny it.

Aiden gives his mother a, 'Is he serious?' look.

She stops washing the dishes for a moment and nudges Aiden, trying not to laugh. "Stop it. Apologize to your brother now."

Asher scoffs. "I don't want an apology from him! He's just gonna do it again. Look," Carson points at Aiden, nearly smacking his brother in the process. "Look. He's looking at me."

"I can't make him stop looking at you, Asher," she say calmly. "You're just gonna have to love him."

That's too much for Asher to take. He starts falling apart, hanging off his mother's arm like a monkey. "But I hateee him. He's so meannn to me."

"That's because you're stupid, Stupid," Aiden grumbles.

Carson tackles him to the ground.

I flinch. Why does it always have to go there with those two? "What's wrong with him?" I ask.

Ethel nods, giving Suzie and me a look from across the table, but he still looks amused. "Asher's really got some problem. Why's he always acting like that?"

I cock my head back. "You mean Aiden, right? He's always the one provoking people."

"Who cares which one you're talking about." Suzie stares at the two like they're a pair of fools. "Our so called future alphas. We're doomed," she mutters.

"Suzie," Coach Kenet warns.

Suzie rolls her eyes, walking back towards the couch. "You coming, Bri?" she asks, sitting down beside Axel. "The movie's starting."

I wave my hand. This is too good.

"You gotta see what happens next?" Ethel asks.

I smirk. He already knows. This is how we spend most of our afternoons, together, laughing at the brothers' expense.

Aiden's about to hit Carson back, but their mom yanks Carson away, holding his hands up above his head. "Stop it," she growls, using her luna voice. She looks at both of them like she's had enough. "You don't hit each other."

Carson looks like he's about to cry, but then he gets angry like he always does. "You always take his side." He pulls away from her, running towards the door.