Set me Free

I'm glad that people are liking this, I thought the pacing on this story was a little slow. But I can't rush it, its about where my thoughts take me
(-_-").... I really just pick a random song and try to get the story going from there.
Hope you like this next update. Maybe you guys could also give me some song suggestions that you think fits the story would definitely love and appreciate it.

It was a quiet morning no one spoke we all sat in perpetual silence. I finished my cereal, walking to the sink I began rinsing my dishes. It was then my great uncle spoke "Dipper..." he said as since followed afteward. I turned to look at him his back " Yeah?" I said back "I was thinking...that just for today I was going to close the shack". Color me surprised my mouth dropped a little in shock "what's the occasion?" I asked not sure where this was really going. He turns to face me "I don't want to put any more stress on you" I think over his words not sure how to respond, on one hand I'm touched and yet I'm not porcelain I don't think i'm that fragile. Torn between anger and happiness I decide to just take it for what it is, my Great Uncle showing me he cares I smile as I reply back "Am I still being paid?" Stan chuckles " dream big kid, you getting a break is pay enough" I laugh as well "Yeah, thanks...I guess I'll just take a walk into town". He turns back to his food and I hear small grumble about staying safe and not staying out to long.

As I leave the kitchen I run into Mabel,she smiles and I look at her for a long time not doing anything. I can't help the bitter anger I have for her right now, I need to be alone and away from her right now I swerve around her and ignore the sniffles she makes, I can't break down and forgive her again. Not before she learns anything, not before she really looks at me. I won't forget the way she acted and how selfish she is and can be. It hurts and I'm scared but if I don't start I'll never-"Dipper?" My name halts my train of thoughts. I stop and keep my place, taking my still form as a reply she continues. "I'm thinking...really thinking about what you said...how I acted, what I said to you." Turning around to see her I nod my head, her tears are silently leaking out and her eyes are puffy and red "I...I still want to say I'm sorry. I know that won't make up for it all but...I really am" I sighed how does she always rope me back in with words like that, the growing part of me thinks it all a act. That once I say the words I get it I forgive you she'll stop all thoughts on this, Falling back into our old moulds.

What was the saying... ignorance is bliss? As long as she can, she will forget it all, the pain, the abandonment, the words. For the past few years she's never held a hand out to me, maybe not fully intentionally maybe it was but it doesn't excuse her from it, I want her to know and understand what she's apoligizing for, and for her not to regress back to her childish whims.
"I'm sorry Mabel I can't accept that apology...yet" I stand waiting for the answer she sputters a little "but...why? I do mean it dipper I really truly and honestly am sorry!" She says to me with panic laced in every word she says. "I know you feel bad Mabel...but I want a reason from you before I can accept your apology". I start walking away and don't turn back, knowing if I do I'll cave in and forget all my self worth as it's tossed out the window.

Walking down the dirt path I continue my hike into town deciding to shove all thoughts on mabel away. I'm not going to brood over it, or over ford and my want to help him being ignored. Breathing in and out, I smell the Pinetree's, I love the sent of the conifer trees. They remind me of Christmas's past and of every summer here. Alot of fond memories from both, granted they weren't all good but it doesn't put a dapper on them.
Feeling the warm sun on my face, and the calm and peacefulness that surround me. Being able to relax and not have to worry about fussy customers, or whining Children trying to get their parents to buy the shacks overpriced souvenirs. Just the simple sounds of nature, living in Piedmont, most of your life kind of gives you more appreciation for nature. There's a sense of unstiffled freedom you get here.

Its just me and know one else, and yet now that I'm alone all I can do is think, about the forest and the wierdness, about my dreams and the person in them. my mind wandering and being consumed with what was happening in them. Why did I wind up in the forest. The dreams although the best part of my summer, I couldn't stop analysing them I've also never been one to sleep walk. So what is happening and why me?. And the voice, I keep hearing a voice but when I wake the sound of them is muddled like hearing someone talk under water. I don't think there dangerous of course that's just my vague opinion on it. I don't know I have to little information on this to attempt anything about it. "Why me!?" I shout to myself "I'm not anything special..." sighing I shove these thoughts away too. I'm supposed to be relaxing "forget it all dipper" I tell myself clearing it away I listen to the wildlife and enjoy my walk.

Yess!! Done I hope you like...but to me it feels like a filler chapter because there wasn't really any development in the story. I used quite a bit of songs for this chapter and I'm not sure it's one that works to good. Hope you like it and thanx for sticking with my hectic update schedule lately....or lack thereof.
Baiii😊
Word count: 1076