Chapter 9

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

I watched as the sun rose,throwing white diamonds onto the blossoming flowers that blurred the horizon into a soft rozy haze. Slumber did not over power me as it usually did after fajr. I stood in front of the balcony watching the sun in its full glory. Asmaa and Candyfloss went back to sleep after fajr. The palm of my hands were leaning against the cold wall sending a wave of coolness swimming through me.

I sighed as I watched how happily the flowers bloom in delight under the sun's protection. Allah's creation is surely a magnificent wonder. Every detail, every spec, every system together or on its own is a pure wonder that a human brain will never be able to comprehend or understand.
Allah the creator of everything we see, hear, feel and touch is most definitely a blessing.

The soft, cool breeze ruffled my hair and sent shivers up my spine. I drew in the fresh sent of the thousands of lilies , roses and daisies.

My stomach grumbled indicating my hunger. My feet stomped down the stairs and robotically started making breakfast. The smell of freshly made pancakes immediately hit my nostrils as I flipped the first one. My stomach growled louder and louder as I flipped more pancakes.

"Hmmm... Is that pancakes I'm smelling ?",a very drowsy Asmaa asked as she made her way downstairs. Candyfloss meowed next to me and climbed up on my leg. His paws were around my leg while he sat up right against my leg. I walked carefully to his bowl afraid of him falling off. I gave him his food and looked up to find a stuffed face Asmaa gobbling and stuffing all my pancakes in her mouth.

"Hey, slow down. You finishing all my pancakes!",I yelled at her. No one messes with my food! I can share with her but she can't stuff them all down.
" Idiot, I know you better than that. I'm not stuffing all your food down! Look at the time idiot than you will understand why I'm stuffing food down!", she hurriedly said while quickly swallowing her food down and running back upstairs.

"Shittt! We late again!!", I yelled .
"Not me again idiot only you were late last time. You always late!", Asmaa scram at me as I quickly ran up the stairs.

I threw on my long white shirt with floral designs on and a pair of back jeans. My hijaab was white as well with floral designs too. Asmaa had a baby blue button down shirt with a black jacket and blue jeans. Her hijaab was black and blue.

Asmaa was already pulling me down the stairs as I quickly put on my floral jacket. I grabbed a pancake as I passed the kitchen and ran out.

We both greeted uncle Umar once we got in the car. He grinned at me knowingly while he started the car.
"Late again habibty", he asked sounding more like a statement rather than a question. I smiled shyly and continued to eat my pancake. "Jazakallah for being patient and waiting for us", I thanked him while he speedily drove us to university.

We rushed in the lecture venue and sloped ourselves down. Our breathing steadied after a while. We gave each other a side glace and tried to muffle our laughter.

My inner laughter quickly died down once I saw none other than chocolatey hair dude staring at me once again. This time I got a queesy feeling that left me uncomfortable. Something was wrong. I whispered to Asmaa and she told me to focus on the lecture and ignore him. "Nothing is gonna happen, okayyy", she voiced her thoughts on what I told her. For once in my life I decided to ignore my gut feeling and listen to the lecture.