Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Happy reading! :)

Emily's POV

"The fact that you are beautiful".

I blushed as I heard those words. It's not everday I recieve a compliment from a handsome guy.

I looked down not knowing what to say. I heard him chuckle so I looked up and tried to act normal.

Key word, tried. He was looking at me intensely which was making me uncomfortable as hell.

I looked away and started checking the surroundings. Then I glanced back at him to see him looking at me the way he was before.

I took a deep breath. "Never saw a beautiful girl before?". I said sassily in an attempt to lighten the atmosphere.

"Not more than you". He said and made the atmosphere more awkward. I blushed more at his words.

"Smooth". I muttered and he grinned.

"You are a great cook".

"I know". He said cockily.

We ate our food in complete silence. I finished first. I looked around awkwardly not knowing what to say.

After he ate his meal I decided to break the silence. "I should get going". I forced a smile.

I got up from my chair but blake held my wrist. I looked at him expectantly.

"What kind of gentleman would I be now to let a beautiful lady go alone". I rolled my eyes at his constant flirting but a small smile appeared on my face.

I nodded. The idea of going alone in a cab at this time of night creeps me out a little.

He took his car keys and we were about to get out of the house when he stopped.

He held out his hand for me to take. I looked at it weirdly for a second and then shook my head and got out of the house.

"So are you going to tell me what happened to you tonight?". Blake asked as he drove to my apartment.

"I-uh. Someone said some things to me".

"May I know who is that 'someone'?". He asked.

"You may not". I said, irritated by his nosey behaviour.

He pouted a little. "God! You are such a kid!". I groaned.

The car came to a stop and I looked out to see that we have stopped at an icecream stall.

I looked at blake and he was smiling. "I heard that girls like to eat ice cream when they are sad". He said and there was a little tinge of pink at his cheeks.

"Awww". I said and let out a laugh.

"Shut up". He said and got out of the car.

I sat in the car waiting for him to get ice cream. He isn't that bad. Total opposite of daniel.

Why am I even comparing him with blake. I thought bitterly.

Daniel is an asshole while blake isn't.

A knock on the window made me snap out of my thoughts.

"Flavour?".

"Chocolate chip". I said.

After a while he came back with two chocolate chip ice creams.

I took it from him and take a bite of it. God! So yummy. I don't know when was the last time I ate an ice cream.