Part 58: Lack of Judgement

Okay so I know I said I would update tomorrow but I couldn't help myself. That's why I dont really like putting when I'll next update in my chapters because I like to update when I feel like it.

Also, I need to remind you to please read the authors notes. I know they're boring but sometimes, like last time, there was important info in them. If you read them I don't get bombarded with questions that are literally answered in the author's notes. 

(It's funny in a way because this is aimed at the people who probably won't read it. Oh well, their loss because I can't be bothered answering their questions since they can't be bothered looking for the answers)

Enjoy guys xxx

Mason hadn't let go of me since I'd gotten home. Not when I dumped my bags in our room, not even when we walked to the couch where we now sat. I was huddled into his side, resting my eyes while he stroked gentle lines up and down my back.

"Are you cold?" He asked, as I curled and flexed my feet which were starting to feel like icicles.

"No, I'm okay." I snuggled further into his side, enjoying the warmth radiating from him.

It did feel as though the apartment hadn't been heated since 1982 and the nights are still cold so, yeah, I was chilly but I didn't want Mason to move just as I was about to fall asleep.

He ran the back of his hand across one of my feet and sighed.

"I'll get you your slippers." He stood, straightening his pants and moving to walk away but I grasped his and tightly.

He looked at me quizzically.

"What's wrong?" he cupped my jaw, running the pad of his thumb across my cheekbone.

"Hurry back," I whispered, not caring if I sounded clingy - to be honest I was just stone cold and he was acting like my personal hot water bottle. 

He bit his lip as though to hide his grin but failed miserably as his lips slipped between his teeth to bare a smile.

"I'll be four steps away."

He left and I reached for the remote, flicking through the tv channels to find something interesting this late. I settled for a late night episode of Friends - what else - and snuggled into the couch waiting for Mason.

I started chewing my fingernails, a habit I broke years ago but at this moment I needed something to fidget with. How was I going to start this conversation? Mel was right, if the answer is positive I need to tell him, if the answer is negative then I need to tell him. Keeping secrets isn't an option for either of us anymore.

I don't think he'd be the guy who would argue it was my fault, and if he did I would probably burn his X-Box. 

No, he wouldn't do that, if anything he'd find some way to blame himself. Bloody nobility and all that.

It could've been a lifetime or if just felt that way, but he returned pulling a blanket along with him.

"I couldn't find your slippers." He mumbled, passing me a pair of socks and throwing the blanket on the couch.

"Oh, I must've left them at Mel's, thanks." I took the balled up socks from his hands and slipped them over my stone cold feet.

He didn't say anything or even look at me for that matter. I passed it off as awkwardness and snuggled down into the couch.

"Are you tired?" I asked as he resumed his place wrapping his arm around my shoulders and pulling the pink fluffy blanket under my chin.

He shook his head without looking at me, his gaze fixed on the screen.

It was a double episode and neither had spoken a word, I was curious as to whether or not he had fallen asleep so I stole a glance.

He was staring intently at the screen, worry lines creasing his forehead.

"What's wrong?" I asked, nudging him with my shoulder.

"Hmm?" Jarred out of his trance he turned his attention to me, tightening his grasp on my shoulders. "No, nothing, I was just thinking about you."

The morning came around quickly and accompanied by a better night sleep than I'd had the night before, I was feeling better.

While Mason was having a shower I deliberated about unpacking my bag. I decided against it, not wanting to be bothered by the panicked memory that came with the pregnancy tests and shoved the bag under the bed until another day.

I made the bed and tidied up the room, just trying to keep myself busy and avoiding the impending doom of the conversation I was about to have with him.

As I tucked the duvet I was reminded of how many times Mason and I have argued about dishonesty. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the test result is, I still had to tell him.

I had my head stuck in the fridge by the time Mase had come out. I hadn't heard him leave the bathroom so when he held my hips to scoot behind me to get to the sink, I got such a fright I smacked my head against the fridge door.

"Ah!" I rubbed the side of my head, grimacing at the chuckle that came from Mason.

"Sorry, sweetheart." He filled up a glass of water all the while keeping a close eye on me as though I could disappear at any moment. 

"Do you want eggs? Or pancakes?" I asked, closing the fridge and moving to sit on the counter.

"No thanks, I promised Cam I'd help him change a tire on his car this morning." He tipped the remainder of his water down the sink.  "I'll grab something to eat at his and then do his car. I won't be long."

I nodded with a slight pout at the prospect of being alone again.

Well, I thought, gives me more time to figure out what to say. 

"Okay, can you remind Cam of tomorrow night please?" I said, pulling him towards me so I could kiss him.

"Yeah, sure. I'll be back, I love you." He kissed me again, before slipping out of my grasp to get changed and leave.

In the time he was gone, I sat down with a cup of tea and thought about how I would go about telling him.

After about 10 minutes, however, it became a marathon of me drumming my fingers across the table in an attempt to come up with something.

"Hey, Mel," I was bordering my wit's end when Mel Facetimed me, "what's up?" 

"I was just wondering how you were. Did everything go well with Mason?" She asked while I observed her appearance with a giggle. She had her long black-brown hair in a messy bun that had obviously been slept in, and mascara ringing her eyes like a panda.

"Yeah, we're okay now. He's been acting a little weird but I think he's just awkward, you know? Not really sure what to do with me." I sipped my tea and she nodded in understanding.

"That's fair enough... have you told him?" She asked, leaning out of frame for something.

"No, not yet, I don't even know how to start." I sighed, running my hands down my face. Maybe  I should just get Mel to script me something. 

"Just start off with how you've been feeling, how you've been scared yourself and scared of his reaction then go on to tell him everything. You can't avoid it. If it were me, I'd tell Cameron if I was and if I wasn't."

"I know, I know. It's just a big conversation." 

Mel and I continued our conversation forcing it to be lighthearted so I wouldn't feel too stressed. Shortly after, however, she was forced to go as she had classes. 

I'd started to fix myself a snack when there was a knock at the door. Not expecting it to be anyone important, I didn't bother to check the eyehole and instantly regretted my lack of judgement as soon as I opened the door.

Don't forget to vote guys!

Love you all, let me know what you think xxx

*added note: has everyone been able to se the authors note or has it not been there? For some reason whenever I view the chapter it's not there. Thanks x *