Epilogue | Perfect

~Sunsets are proof that endings can be beautiful.~

c a l e b

six years later

"Dad, this is all Leon, Levi and Lillian's fault." Rowan points to the three year olds who have their heads bowed in shame.

I stiffle the urge to chuckle and instead give both Rowan and the three troublemakers a stern look.

"Maman is going be very angry when she sees you." I tease him, crouching down to his height, my son looks at me with wide blue eyes-the shade identical to his mother's.

He tries to school his expression but I catch the slight wobble of him lips, the action causing a pang in my heart and a string of curses to be set free in my head.

"I was just joking, maman would never say anything to her boy." I scramble to right the situation, pulling him closer to me, silently sighing when I feel him nod against my chest.

Rowan turns to his siblings, each watching us with three pairs of curious brown eyes. Each a varying shade, ranging from hazel to mahogany and each unmistakably matching mine in some way or the other.

"We were playing and they pushed me into the mud." Irritated, he pouts those full lips and on cue the triplets turn to me with pleading eyes, well versed in the 'puppy dog eyes' trick their Uncle Noah had taught them.

This time, I do sigh out loud, standing up to give them an expectant look, in return they share one with each other, communicating silently before facing their elder brother.

I've been trying to convince my wife time and time again that they're telepathic but her answer is always the same : an incredulous stare. 

"Nous sommes désolés, big bro. (We are sorry)" They echo together, I fight a smile at the adorable sincerity of their expressions while the frequent talking in unison only backs up my theory.

Rowan nods "Accepté (accepted)" he goes in for a hug, opening his arms but the three scurry away, scrunching their noses at the mud on his clothes and leaving a trail of giggles behind them.

Chuckling, I tell Rowan to find Laura and ask her to clean him up meanwhile the triplets resume running all over the house, just watching the the three year olds in exhausting.

And this is them without their sugar fix.

Shaking my head, I leave them to their antics, moving on to the next task at hand, which is finding my wife. Luckily I know where she is, ascending the stairs, I walk into our room and sure enough, there she is.

Adelin fumbles with her hair, frustration lining her gorgeous features.

Once our lives had finally calmed after the storm that had managed to rattle all of us in unthinkable ways we had focused all pur attention to our goals.

Bitter as it was the gang had come to terms with having to part ways while deciding on our Universities in relation to our careers, granted we wanted to minimise the distance as much as possible and still meet up as frequently as possible.

My career path allowed much more flexibility so I could still be with Adelin regardless, but much to all our surprise and delight, each of us had gotten accepted into one of the most prestigious universities-Ailes Blanches.