Chapter 39: The Dinner

Seth groaned opening his eyes because of the bright sunlight coming through his window. He yawned checking the alarm clock beside him which read 10 a.m. He tried stretching his arms but stopped as he felt a weight on his left arm. He looked beside him and saw Isabella resting on it, her hair a wild mess but it still looked beautiful. He let his gaze wander to her long and full eyelashes, her cute nose which turned pink whenever she was crying, her cheekbones, her full kissable lips which were parted at that moment and he could hear snoring faintly. He moved closer and pecked her eyelids.

Seth didn't give a fucking care in the world as long as he got Isabella in his arms, right here in his hold, safe and secure. He knew since the very first moment they laid eyes on each other, that this girl with the kindest heart which was full of innocence and love for others, was someone he's made to meet and to take care of. To follow behind and support when the weight of the world had became too much for her to bear but it took long enough for him to actually realise that and work on that. But now that he had his hands on her he was never letting her go or making her feel alone and little of herself.

"Quit staring" Isabella mumbled in her sleep hidhing her face in his chest

"Why? I can stare all I want" He replied removing strands of hair from her face

"It's creepy, mister" She spoke facing him

"I think it's romantic" He said in a teasing tone

"What happened to you? Are you sick or something?" Isabella laughed at his cheesy comments

"I'm lovesick"

"Yeah you're definitely sick" Isabella said unwrapping the sheets from her body

"Way to ruin a moment, Ms. Smith" to which Isabella just laughed and went into the bathroom.

Isabella took a shower and got dressed in blue jean shorts and a band t-shirt. It was Saturday and she was nervous about the dinner tonight with Seth's family. His dad was a nice man and she already knew Carson so they  weren't a problem but she was worried how his mother would behave and how she was going to deal with her. She shook her head to get rid of all the negative thoughts and walked downstairs to make breakfast. She cooked pancakes and eggs. These past few days she had been taking full care of Seth and she felt happy to do it. It was always him protecting her and taking care of her and now that it switched the other way round she felt happy to be there for him and taking care of him. She hardly let him do any work and Seth was bored out of his mind but she kept reassuring him that it was only going to be like that for one week and then he can go back to his old ways.

Isabella felt a pair of arms wrapped around her waist and a nose nuzzlimg into the crook of her neck. "Well aren't you so touchy this morning"

"It's my way of showing love and care, you should get used to it" Seth said burying his face in the crook of her neck

"Mhm" Isabella mumbled flipping the pancake, her cheeks flushed from his statement

"Are you excited for the dinner tonight?" Seth asked

"Yeah but I'm a little nervous too"

"Don't be, they'll love you" Seth pecked her forehead and went to sit on the dining table leaving Isabella alone with her thoughts

After breakfast Seth was in his study, busy catching up with all the work he missed due to the accident. Isabella was bored out of her mind so she went to the study room where Seth was busy with all the paperwork.

She took slow and quiet steps until she reached the back of his chair. Seth smiled lightly as he felt the smell of her perfume but waited for her move. Isabella placed her hands on his shoulders rubbing and massaging them lightly. She took of his glasses and placed them on the table. Seth didn't miss the look in her eyes, playful with a hint of desire. She pecked his lips and tried to run away giggling but Seth caught her wrist and pulled her down on his lap.