Chapter 36 - It's so hard

"Wise men say
Only fools rushing
But I can't help
Falling in love with you"

Alix's P.O.V.

Good news, school is almost over and that means me and Harley can finally leave and have some freedom.

Don't get me wrong, we've been making good use of the times we do have together and we've been following the rules.

Well it's been almost two months since my dad accepted our relationship and I must say his attitude has been impressive, sometimes it almost seems like he's almost used to the fact that me and Harley are together. He asks us if we are leaving the house together and if our dates were good, yeah, weird I know.

The other day he proposed watching a movie to have family bonding time and he let me and Harley sit next to each other, well I actually kind of fell asleep and unconsciously snuggled up to Harley and according to Harley she as never been so scared that my dad would see it as us breaking the rules and send her away, but instead he just gave her the popcorn and told her to eat, watch the movie and let me sleep.

A lot actually happened in the last months, well, as shocking as it seems, June and Liam are mad at each other and kind of broke up. Apparently, he was taking some kind of illegal vitamins that are considered doping and June didn't like the fact he lied to her, so she kind of asked for a break.

Matt on the opposite has been seeing a girl. More specifically the bitch that kissed Harley when we weren't together. I don't trust her, being the low-key psycho jealous girlfriend that I am, I sometimes lose myself in thought and wonder if she's seeing Matt cause she wants to get close to Harley again and that's when I usually lose it and just end up having kind of mad, jealous sex with Harley, even though she doesn't know what it's all about she doesn't complain, I mean, why would she?

Apart from that I must say it's been getting harder to cope with the rules at home at times. Sometimes I just want to go and sleep with her like we used to, I miss it so much...

The other day we actually almost broke the rules. After our parents fell asleep guess we kind of were thirsty at the same time and so we ended up having a glass of water in the kitchen and we almost kissed, but Harley broke the spell and just hugged me, whispering to me we couldn't, she wished me goodnight and moved to her room. After some seconds she sent me a text saying she loved me and I replied back saying I loved her and telling her to sleep tight.

Today was the day we were waiting for, graduation. I was supposed to make a speech for everyone, every department had a student making a small speech to represent them, well, they chose me from drama class.
My dad and Julie would show up and so me and Harley were once again spending time together before they got here. We were outside sat in a small place with some grass and trees next to the place where the graduation would take place.

Harley sat against a tree and I sat with my back pressed to her front and my head on her chest as her arms wrapped around me.

It was the most perfect sunny day and we could hear birds singing while Harley sang Elvis, can't help falling in love softly. She was actually a pretty amazing singer, I wished I could sing 1/8 of what she sings.

I enjoyed the comfort and peace I felt in this moment.

- "Hey, I almost forgot, I have news babe." Harley said excitedly after finishing the song.