World 2.7

A/N: 'Thanks guys for appreciating my story. I really love reading your comments, it's making me smile and laugh.'

Nian Zhen burned the letter, making sure no one will find out about the truth. He's not really interested in the throne but he knows that the Emperor will not spare his life even if he will surrender his title. And he can't afford to die because he wants to spend his lifetime with his lover.

'I need to confirm this with mother. If this is really true that means Wang Shu is not my brother.'

Nian Zhen immediately left and went to seek audience with the Empress. The Empress was delighted that his beloved son visited her. Even to her, his own mother, he treated her coldly.

"This is rare for you to visit me, my son."

"EVERYONE LEAVE!"

"Why are making all the servants leave."

"I SAID EVERYONE LEAVE! DON'T MAKE ME REPEAT MYSELF!"

"What's going on Nian Zhen?"

"Dong Zhou guard outside and make sure no one is listening."

"Yes, Your Highness."

"Is this really necessary Nian Zhen?"

"Yes Imperial Mother. You don't want anyone hearing your secret now do you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"You should know very well what I'm talking about Imperial Mother."

"H-how did you find out?"

"There was a letter addressed to the Emperor exposing your secret."

"W-what? Where is that letter now? Did you destroy did it?”

"I have the letter. The Emperor and Fei Hung already knew about the truth."

"W-what? This is dangerous. We need to execute them."

"Who knew of your secret mother?"

"It was only me and General Wang but Minister Lu found out about it but I already cleaned that mess. I had him killed along with his family."

"Did Minister Lu have a daughter?"

"Yes. Why are you asking?"

"Because the daughter of Minister Lu survived that night mother and she is Fei Hung's fiancée."

"W-what? This is getting out of hand Nian Zhen. We need to clean this mess immediately. I'll ask General Wang to help you."

"I already disposed those who can't stay loyal to me. Without the letter they do not have any evidence. You and I have a stronger support than the Emperor so he will not carelessly accuse you."

"What are your plans?"

"I have no choice but to overthrow the Emperor. He will not let someone who is not his offspring to inherit the throne."

"We will help you. But you know that you need to appease the officials first. They're getting anxious that you still remained to be unmarried. And I heard that you broke your engagement."

"You want me to be married to a family that can't stay loyal to you?"

"What are you talking about?"

"The Left Prime Minister gave his support to the Emperor."

"That old bastard! It's a shame. His daughter is a really good match for you, a graceful and talented young lady. But that's fine. We will be able to find you a good match in no time."

"I will not marry."

"You know that is not possible. You need to produce an heir. If you don't like be married yet then at least take a concubine.

"No. I will never marry or take any concubine. I already have a lover."

"If you have a lover then you can just marry her. Don't worry, if she came from a low status I will not go against your relationship if you love her. What's important is you produce an heir. Then why don't you introduce your lover to me."

"My lover is a man."

"Y-y-you. How preposterous! End your relationship with him this instant. Do you know what could happen if this got out? You could lose the right to the throne."

"I'm not ending my relationship with him and I advise you to not meddle in this affair, Imperial Mother. If you hurt him, even if you're my mother I will not forgive you. I will fulfill your ambition. I will become the Emperor and in exchange you will stay out of my personal life."

"Y-y-you ungrateful son!"

"If there is nothing more I'm leaving."

After Nian Zhen left, the Empress summoned General Wang.

"The Emperor already found out that Nian Zhen is not his child."

"How?”

"The daughter of Minister Lu miraculously survived that night and I really don't know how she discovered the truth. She joined forces with the Emperor."

"Does Nian Zhen already know?"

"Yes and speaking about that ungrateful child, how dare he threaten me not to interfere with his relationship with his lover. How could I not when his lover is a man! I want you to talk to him and convince him to stop his foolishness."

"Just let him do what he wants. That child from the moment he was born, he was already burdened with responsibilities. This is the first time he wants something for himself."

"Do you know what will happen if this spread? He could lose the throne!"

"The throne was not his to begin with. You forced it on him, now you want to force him again to marry someone he doesn't love. Whether his lover is a man or a woman doesn't matter as long as his happy. That child deserves to be happy. If you don't want to be hated by him, stop interfering. Don't underestimate your child. As if that child will let some officials stop him. Don't worry I will not let the Emperor harm him. I will be leaving then, Your Highness."

General Wang just wants his son to be happy. He knew how hard it is to be so close with the person you love but can't be with her. He doesn't want his son to suffer like how he suffered.

On the other hand, the Empress couldn't accept that his son's lover is a man. She started his investigation and found out that Nian Zhen had been spending a lot of time in the fifth prince courtyard. If she can't convince his son, she will convince the fifth price.

With his personality she knows she can persuade him, so she went to his courtyard and tried to talk to him. If it was the original Wang Shu, maybe she would have succeeded but unfortunately it was Zion who is now residing in the body of Wang Shu.