Chapter twenty seven: Finding his way

CHARLES'S POV

*TWO WEEKS LATER*

I always knew she would return to me but never in this way. Never in a million years had I ever thought this would happen.

She was dead.

All my dreams of us being together were shattered right in front of my face.

Her hair was loose and her skin was so pale. She was laying on the ground with a bleeding wound on her stomach. She was dead yet she never looked so alive.

Tears began to roll down my face I wish that I had had more time to hold her longer, to tell her how I felt about her. I was to caught up pushing her away instead of realizing what I had. Now she was gone and none of that matters now.

I gently lifted her heard, holding her close to my chest. Something I should have done a long time ago.

I just couldn't let her go.

"Charles, you need to let her go," Michael said placing his hand on my shoulder.

I lifted my head then looked up at him, it was as if I could no longer speak. My hands were getting really shaky and so was my entire body. I looked down at her again then pulled her even closer. Letting her go was something I just couldn't get myself to do.

"Charles please, you need to let her go of her," Michael spoke once again. He held so many emotions in his voice.

"Don't you get it, if I let her go I'll have no one. I love her."

"You always had me and you know that."-he paused- that was true but many times I felt as if he was never there even when he was, he was always too busy digging up his own grave." Charles, I understand how you feel right now I've been through this. She was like a sister to me but if you don't let her go it will destroy you, the same way it did to me."

I knew he was right but I just couldn't. How could I just let go of the love of my life just like that?

After a while of Michael pacing back and forth trying to convince me out of this, he finally gave up.

Two police offices came in shortly after.

"Sir, can you please write a report on the incidence."

Michael led them out, he must have been explaining the incident. After that a whole lot of other people came in, it all went on like a blur.

After the two policemen, many other people came in most of them must have been investigators.

The question everybody had on their lips was who shoot her, how did this happen, why did this happen, what happened. The more questions they asked the more I became confused.

It all felt like a nightmare yet so real.

When Michael and I came in she was already dead, murdered in cold blood.

I swore to myself that I would find the person who killed her, each one of them. The range was building up inside me and I knew where it was going to lead me if I didn't control it.

The next couple of days went on like a blur, even her funeral.

Seeing her in that coffin, I could have sworn she was still alive. It was hard to convince myself she was dead and she was never coming back.