16

Tobias turned and began to walk out, he didn't have time to explain anything to Harry, not that his brother would even care to listen.

'Stop walking away!' Harry yelled, Tobias was some distance from him now.
'You've done so the whole of last year.' Tobias climbed out and left them, he knew Fawkes would heal Harry.

Ron found him and asked hundreds of questions, but once he finished his questions both Harry and Ginny came through the rubble of rock and dust. Harry wouldn't even make eye contact with Tobias, Fawkes collected everyone but Tobias refused. He wasn't wanted, he'll climb out. Fawkes was relentless and didn't want Tobias doing anything that could harm himself. He refused and refused, no matter how much his legs begged to be released of the pain the climb caused he kept on going. Eventually he made it out and Fawkes still hovered about him, Gilderoy yelled things that were incredibly stupid. It was only when they could see Hogwarts and stood safely in the grounds Fawkes flew off. Tobias thought the bird had learned that Tobias wanted to be alone. He was not hurt, Harry and Ginny were.

He entered the castle alone, the heavy oak doors shut with a loud clang of the bar setting into place. The sound of fast heels hitting the floor, Professor Snape. Tobias was almost certain that the man had some protection charms on him, he always shows up when Tobias was either just out of trouble or in danger. It made no sense to him, he waited for his Godfather, it was pointless to run. He waited and waited until the mans black cloak swirled around the corner, he didn't seem angry with him. He walked straight up to him and Tobias thought he would receive some form of lecture: he didn't. The man bent down and hugged Tobias, once his arms were around him the man let out a large sigh of content.

'Thank Merlin you're safe. When Dumbledore told me I freaked out, Nymphadora is waiting in the Slytherin common room, seeing she is no longer a student I didn't mind letting her wait there. Draco is sat with her, as is Nova and Pansy. Felicity and Bryn wanted to wait as well but seeing they're in Ravenclaw I couldn't allow them in.' He seemed apologetic to Tobias, as if he had failed him in someway.
'I'm fine, thank you for gathering them, especially Draco and Tonks.' Tobias pulled away and began his way back to the common room, he really wanted to see Draco and Tonks.

The second he entered Draco had tackled him to the floor, Nova clicked a camera and snapped the moment. She had been taking more and more photos recently, Tobias is scared that one day he'll enter the great hall and every inch will be covered with Draco and Tobias. Tobias was pulled up by Tonks who crushed him in a big bear hug, he really loved his mother. He loved Professor Snape too, and he loved living with him but Tobias knows he won't ever be able to forget where he came from. She kept hugging Tobias while Draco stood close by, he understood the love Tonks had for him and didn't want to get in the way.

'I have a job, I am working in Zonkos actually, it is a small thing until I can sort out something I really want to do. I was hoping instead of staying with Professor Snape, before I go travelling, you will stay with me for a while. I leave after a week into the holiday, thought it'd be nice to spend time with you.' She held Tobias an arms length away, smiling at him. Purple hair, happy and energetic.
'I'd love that, then the remaining week I can spend with Professor Snape.' Tobias beamed, he expected to be yelled at.
'Oh I don't know about that, you were beginning to annoy me a little.' Severus came over and pulled Tobias towards him.
'Ha ha, very funny.' Tobias hoped he was joking.
'You know I don't find you annoying.' He shot a small smile towards him.
'I know.' Tobias didn't know, that was a problem recently. He kept getting worse, his mental state.

Tonks decided she had to leave, to set up the house and then get to bed seeing she still had work the next day. Nova gave Tobias a small nod to acknowledge she was glad half of Dracias was still alive, Severus left Tobias alone with Draco. Who quickly took this time to wrap his arms around Tobias, they stayed put for while, in the middle of the common room. Tobias let his thoughts wander, something he knew was dangerous, he couldn't trust himself recently. He kept thinking things, most of them he knew was stupid but it happened so often that when Tobias noticed it is all he could see.

Tobias had been reading the papers recently, something he had been trying to get into a habit of, keep up to date with the latest news. He had poured himself into past papers and came to realise, nobody knew him the way they knew his brother. The papers constantly referred to him as Harry Potters brother, or even some said the other Potter. It stung every time he has spotted it in the paper, his mental state and self esteem broke and withered. Tobias couldn't talk about this, it was stupid and pathetic. He would probably get told he just wants attention, that it was nothing personal. It felt personal, to him it truly did. Nobody knew him or wanted to, they just knew he was related to Harry Potter the chosen one, and that was enough. To him however, that made Tobias feel that he wasn't enough. That he had to do something drastic to get some sort of other recognition, whether bad or good. That is when death became an option, a constant thought.