Hurt (Part One)- Damon x reader

Being a vampire wasn't that much worse than being a human. If I'd had a choice in the matter, however, I would have remained a human. Like every other current problem in my life, being a vampire was 100% Damon's fault. I remember when Damon arrived in town. 

It was the beginning of senior year. I had heard of Elena Gilbert but hadn't dwelled on the thought of her for long since she was younger than I was (and she was popular in her grade). I had, however, spent plenty of time thinking about Stefan Salvatore. I had seen him around town since June. I had spent most of my summer with my boyfriend at the time, Jesse.

I had been sitting at the bar, talking to my friend Vicki. Jesse texted me saying he was running late because of work.

"I'm buying," he smiled, nudging my shoulder.

"No! I ate most of it," I argued.

"Listen, I just got my paycheck, so I can afford to spend money on my girl," he smiled.

"Ugh, you're being such a stereotypical 'gentleman' boyfriend," I sighed, punching his shoulder. "Stop it!"

"Never," he smiled, kissing me.

"No PDA!" interjected my best friend. "I don't want to get fired today."

"Shut up," I giggled at her, kissing my boyfriend.

Jesse paid for our lunch and we left Mystic Grill. We had a fairly nice day together and at the end of it, we walked through all of the alleyways in town square, as we generally would. Eventually we both ended up back at my house. 

"Thanks for today," I sighed. "I needed it." 

I had had a rough summer because I hadn't gotten into any of the colleges I wanted to. Jesse had gotten into all of his top picks since he was genius, but had taken the time to help me figure out what I was going to do with my life. Jesse was great.

--------- 

A few weeks later, Jesse and I were walking home from the Grill on our usual route, the alley. Suddenly Jesse was pinned up against the wall, a guy's face attached to his neck. She said some words to him that I couldn't quite hear. He didn't even move or make any sounds. I was about to scream when the guy with the bloody face pulled away from Jesse and turned to me.

"Don't move or make a sound. Be a good girl for me," he winked. I tried to scream, but couldn't. It was like he had looked into my soul. I was almost trapped in my own mind. The man just drained Jesse of blood until he fell to the ground, dead. I wanted to call out to him. Tears streamed from my eyes. 

Suddenly I could hear another man approaching us from behind me. I couldn't turn to see who it was. 

"I hate to leave you hanging here, princess," he smirked. "But I guess I'll have to come back for seconds later." With that, he was gone in an instant. I still couldn't move.

"Are you alright?" 

My first hero encounter with Stefan Salvatore. Wow.

"You can talk. You can move," he spoke, giving me the same look as the other man.

I just cried out in agony, running over to Jesse's body. I sobbed over it, holding him to me.

"I'm so sorry," came that voice I would soon hold dear.

"W-what even happened?" I cried, turning to face him. 

"I-"

"Stefan!" 

"Zach, I need you to take this girl back to the house," Stefan said to the approaching man. 

I was still in shock, so of course I went with him. Was that a mistake?

Probably.

---------------------------------

Let me know what you thought. Make suggestions!