King Kong

King

"King." A soft tap on my shoulder caused me to open my eyes that had been shut for a minute while caught up in my thoughts.

I opened seeing Morgan standing in the wet puddle around me that formed from my dripping wet clothes.

"You need to eat something." She handed me a cup of hot Vanilla Bean coffee from the Starbucks in the lobby and a bag of Lay's potatoes chips from the vending machine.

I looked at it then looked away slumping down in my seat.

"Fine if you won't eat at least change your clothes." She handed me a backpack. "If you don't get out of those wet clothes soon you're gonna be sick. It's freezing in here."

It was indeed cold as hell on the seventh floor of The Chicago's international hospital.

An hour ago my world was flipped upside down. Everything happened so fast and I wasn't able to keep up. After Carter sent shots to Mo he fled the scene with not only Rosetta, Miracle as well.

I was able to get Mo out of the river before her body could sank to the bottom. Sadly I didn't get any response nor was she moving any muscle in her body.

So here we are, sitting in the waiting area just waiting for the doc to bring us whatever news he had.

Being in this waiting room brought nervousness to my soul. Seems like every time I'm in a hospital somebody dies. I'm just praying and hoping that it ain't Mo.

"King you okay?" Morgan disturbed my thoughts once again.

"Am I okay?" I looked at her crazy. I hate when people ask if you're okay knowing you're not.

"Do you think I'm fuckin' okay Morg! My fiancé just got shot up and could possibly die! Meanwhile my daughter is still being held hostage!"

Morgan sighed and looked down. "Its okay. I have a plan to get Miracle back."

"Didn't you have a plan to save Mo?"

She looked up at me and sighed.

"You see that shit ain't work." I told her then got up from the chair snatching the book bag off the floor throwing it over my shoulder. I walked around the corner to the nearest bathroom to change out of my wet and bloody clothes.

I ran my hands under the cool water washing off all of Miracle and Monica's blood that had dried up over time.

I splashed water into my face trying to wash away the tears that were slowly being to dry.

After changing into some fresh new clothes I exited the bathroom and returned back to the waiting room to see Nickolas standing in front of Morg holding a conversation.

Nick was the last person I wanted to see at the moment. If I'm mad at anybody it's Nick. He was suppose to be the one looking out for us. If he would've been paying attention Monica and possibly Miracle could have made it safely into the jet.

"Why are you here." I threw the book bag down and clenched my jaw ready to knock his ass out.

"I know you told me to stay home but I had to come make sure Mo was doing okay." He said.

"Maybe she would've been okay if you would've just did the simple job we asked you to do!" My voice level raised as I stepped closer to Nick. "All this shit is your fault man."

"What? How is my fault?" Nick asked like an innocent child.

"Where were you when Carter pulled that trigger? Huh?" I pushed him backwards causing him to stumble a little.