Why Love

Zim was in his base now leaning against the door he just got through on Gir and shut behind him. He slid down it covering his face with his knees. "MUSSTER? WHAT'S BRINGING YOUR SMILE DOWN~?" Gir hums as he asks Zim. "The Dib-human, did something to Zim!" Zim yells still hiding his face. "DOES MAAAASSSSER LIKE MARY?" Zim notes Gir never really called Dib as Dib but ignored it. "NO! Why would a being as GREAT as I even care for a STUPID hooman like the Dib-BEAST!" Zim's voice throughout the sentence rises and lowers. "OKKKIIIIEEEE~ IMA MAKE TAAAAACCCCOOOOS~~!" Gir yells and runs off. Zim just sits there replaying what Dib did over and over again in his head. After like the tenth replay Gir's question goes into his thoughts making Zim question if he did like Dib. Zim stood up fast feeling his face heat up but he just shakes it away and calls out to the computer. "Computer scan Zim's PAK for emotions, sicknesses, poisons, and anything close to those." Zim commands. "You have to be in an annualizing pod for that, and it will take a while to scan everything." The computers mechanical voice came. "Fine whatever." Zim states rolling his hand and wrist as he goes down to the lab to enter an annualizing pod, and when he enter one his PAK puts him into a type of slumber. The computer gets to work scanning Zim's PAK.

Dib was interrupted a few hours later, to find that he has fallen asleep on his pillow, to knocking on his door. He got up and opened his door to see a not so happy Gaz. "WHY THE HELL DID YOU LEAVE SCHOOL SO EARLY!!" Dib flinched at her yelling and then mentally face palming remember he left with Zim at lunch and never went back for the rest of the day of school. His dad was going to freak that he just ditched school. "I was coming home to get something, and I think I fell asleep due to me still being a bit sick." Dib states lying about the sick part, he felt fine, other then his mixing emotions with all that happened with Zim. "Well next time you could at least call and tell me." Gaz said still upset as she starts walking off taking out her game slave. "G-got it." Dib was surprised that worked. Now all he needed to do was find a way to apologize to the alien he probably freaked out more then he could freak anyone other then his dad with the whole missing school thing. Dib sighs going to his computer to plan a way the alien would say was 'acceptable to his awesomeness' that he would accept, Dib chuckles to himself thinking of Zim's words and voice in his head.

Dib's been going over multiple plans he could try but non of them would seem right to him. After he started yet another plan from scratch his voice can from the hall and Dib opens his door to a monitor with his dad's face on it. "Hello son, I am not very happy about you missing the last half of your school, but will let it slide with you still being a little sick, but I must hear you will not do that tomorrow. Also dinner is ready." He says. "Okay dad, I promise it won't happen again, but I'm just going to stay in my room I'm not really hungry." Dib was telling the truth, he had to much on his mind to feel hungry at that moment. "Okay then son I'll leave you be, but get some sleep soon." He says as the monitor flies away down the hall to the stairs. Dib goes back to his room and tries a few more plans before he felt he needed to go to bed.

Zim was awoken with the computer calling his name after he was taken out of the pod after who knows how long. "What where Zim's results?" Zim asks the computer. "Results are... you have no poisons in you, you have no sicknesses, and last the emotional, it seems as if you have feelings for someone more then you normally would for anyone." The computer states. "Is the emotions for admiration?" Zim asks hoping that was all he felt for Dib for him being a smarter human than others. "No. It goes by the name 'love' on this planet." The computer replies. "No not that 'love' stuff again!! Zim does not see Dib-thing like that! Does he?" Zim started to doubt himself at this point. He searched about it before because of having the symptoms like it, and now the computer says even his PAK says it is as that. Zim stood there a moment before walking to the main computer monitor. "Fine if Zim 'loves' the Dib then he will see how he is to act towards Dib-stink now. Computer pull up everything on this 'love'." Zim says as the screen flashes and he starts to read. Zim also decided as reading that he should change his disguise again to suit, as the screen says, the 'preferences' that the Dib likes.

Dib by this point has come up with nothing that seemed good to use as an apology to Zim. Dib looks to the clock he had only an hour left till it was time to sleep and get ready for school tomorrow. "What am I going to do?" Dib cries out as he flops back into his desk chair. "I should rest... I'll figure it out tomorrow. Maybe I should eat first though." Dib decides to go eat and gets up going downstairs and into the kitchen to reheat his food he didn't eat with his family which was apparently spaghetti, at least it had meat on it to give Dib some strength. After eating Dib went back upstairs to brush his teeth and get ready from bed before finally going to bed. Dib was hoping he was going to be ready for the day ahead of him but he wasn't really sure. As Dib slept he was happy to find him dreaming of the past and how he and Zim used to be.

To be Continued....