Chapter 4

Midoriya's POV

It didn't take long for me to fall asleep myself. It was the best sleep I had gotten in awhile. When I woke up, it was morning of the next day. Shoto was still sleeping soundly, so I quietly called in sick so I could stay and take care of him. Shoto woke up shortly after, stretching his arms as he yawned. "Morning!" I said, smiling, as I sat down beside the couch. "Morning." Shoto also smiled a little bit, and his voice sounded a bit better. "Thanks for taking care of me yesterday.." Shoto said, sitting up. I sat down beside him and said,"No problem. I'm gonna stay for another day, just to make sure you'll be alright." Shoto wrapped his arms around me and hugged me close. "Thank you." He said. I hugged him back, and we stayed in that position for a few moments. "I'm gonna go get Eggos!" Shoto said excitedly, getting up. "Nope! You stay here, and I'll get Eggos for you." I lightly pushed him back down to the couch. "Fine." He pouted, crossing his arms. I laughed a little bit. "Aww, are you pouting, hehe." I walked off, leaving it at that. When I got into the kitchen, I went to the freezer and found a box of Eggos. I made four, two for him and two for me. When I handed him his plate he quickly ate the Eggos and got finished long before I did.
(Tbh Eggos are amazing.)
"Man, you must really like Eggos." I laughed a little bit. "Yup." He replied, laying down so his head was resting on my lap. Before I did anything, I set my plate down on the coffee table, then I set my hand down on top of his head. He looked up and smiled at me, then I smiled back. Trying not to move my legs, I grabbed the TV remote and resumed the Harry Potter movie where it was when Shoto fell asleep last time. We both were able to watch the whole thing, and luckily none of us fell asleep. When the movie was over, I turned off the TV and we just talked.
"So, tell me about your family." Shoto said, his head still rested on my lap. I slightly played around with his hair as I said,"It's always been my mom and I. I never met my dad, and my mom never really talks about him." I said.
"Oh, I'm sorry about that." Shoto replied shortly after. "Oh, it's fine. To be honest, it's really nice just having one family member. She's super caring and nice. I really want you to meet her sometime. What about your parents?" I asked. Shoto stayed silent for a bit. "Well...my mom was really nice until an incident happened and she was sent to a hospital for people...well, that aren't so right in the brain, I guess you could say." I was shocked at what he was saying, so I stayed silent for now. "My mom and I had a great relationship, I just feel like my dad ruined that. He is...abusive. To my mother and I. Since he can't see mom anymore, whenever he visits he just takes it out on me..." Shoto's voice started to go into a slight whisper, and I knew this was tough to talk about for him. I hugged him close. "I'm so, so sorry..." I said, actually tearing up a bit. Maybe this was the reason for his non-smiling mood all the time. I knew it was wrong, but I had to ask. "That mark on your left eye isn't a birthmark, is it?" I asked, putting my hand against the side of his face and running my thumb down the mark.
"No...this is the incident I was tlaking about. The left side of my hair was from my dad, and one day she threw boiling water at my face so she wouldn't have to look at it." He answered.
Shoto must've noticed the worry, sadness, and anger in my face, because right after he saw my reaction he hugged me. I hugged him back, and we stayed there for a long time, comforting each other.