Friendship

Blaise had officially moved in three days ago. So far he had spent many of his time in his room unpacking all his stuff. From the few words the two of us had exchanged he didn't seem to bad. That might be because I've been stuck with Malfoy for a week. I needed some variety.

On the fourth day of his stay I decided to have a conversation with him. Like a real conversation not just about where he should hang a picture or what time dinner was.

I leave my room and go down the hall towards Blaise's door. I knock on his door and wait for him to open it. After a few seconds the door swings open and he stands in the doorway.

"Oh, hey Granger what's up?"

"Nothing just wanted to see what you were up to. Maybe get to know you since we are going to be living with each other."

"Sounds good. You can come on in and find yourself a place to sit."

I make my way into his room. It's a lot different from mine. The walls are a Slytherin green while the carpet is a silverish gray color. There's a bed in the middle of the room and sofas on either side. He had a lot of sitting room while I had books. Lots and lots of books.

"So you never told me how you ended up here" he asks. Pulling me back from my inner thoughts.

"Well Harry, Ron, and I were captured by snatchers and taken here once they realized it was Harry. I would have been tortured for information if Malfoy hadn't stood in front of me and blocked Bellatrix's spells. When Harry and Ron got free they escaped but weren't able to grab me in time so I got left here. Then I spent five days in the cellar. Which was spent annoying Malfoy and reading. Until I decided to join the Deatheaters."

"You seem to be having quite an eventful couple weeks."

"Ya it's been a lot so tell me about yourself I don't know to much about you."

"Well I'm used to how annoying Draco is because he's been one of my best friends my whole life. It's always been Draco, Theo and I. Oh ya, speaking of Theo, if he ends up moving in here too I have to warn you. He probably won't be as open to you being here. He's a lot more rough around the edges then Draco and I. Just thought you might want to know."

"Thanks for telling me. I'll try and keep my distance while he's here."

"Ok, but anyway I grew up with my mother and the constant stream of new husbands. So I spent a lot of time at the manor with the Malfoy's growing up. I loved Hogwarts because it meant I got away from my family. So I always tried to lay low so I wouldn't get into trouble or expelled. I have to go back in a week anyway. I don't think Draco's coming back though."

"Really? I know he was always right behind me in grades. I thought he for sure would be going back."

"Ya I did too but he can't go back mostly for safety reasons. Before Christmas break when he was there he almost got attacked several times by the Gryffindors alone."

"Well he did let Deatheaters into Hogwarts."

"Ok, yes, but Dumbledore deserved to die and anyone protecting him shouldn't have gotten in the way."

"Well that's a bit ruthless. Most people protecting him don't know what he's really trying to do. To be honest I don't really know either and I'm fighting with you guys."

"Dumbledore may have seemed like a harmless old man but he was the complete opposite. He is manipulating everyone at Hogwarts into making them think that The Dark Lord is some evil monster who wants to destroy everyone. That's not true at all. He may kill some people I'm not going to deny that. I'm also not going to deny that he does some pretty unethical and illegal things to achieve what he wants. But he's doing it to help the wizarding world."

"How is he helping?"

"He wants to take the lies and biases out of the daily prophet so everyone gets the correct news. He also wants to take over the ministry to get rid of the corruption and unjust laws are removed. Dumbledore was actually for keeping the pro-pureblood laws in place. He wanted something that would keep people divided and fighting so he could easily manipulate people without them noticing."

"That's horrible, but I wanted to talk to you about something else other than Dumbledore. I appreciate all the information on him but I was wanting to know something."

"Ok what do you want to know"

"What are the Malfoy's and Lestrange's like I don't know them like you do."

"Lucius is kind of strict but passionate about what he loves and actually quite a softy once you get to know him but you can't tell him I said that. Narcissa is amazing. She's really kind but also extremely sarcastic I fell like the two of you would get along great. Bellatrix is a bit insane obviously but she's not as horrible as people say. She's pretty cool once you break through the craziness. Rudolphus is pretty quiet he doesn't talk to much but when he does he's pretty funny. Rabastian is hilarious. He's great to sit next to during Deatheater meetings because he'll just make sarcastic comments under his breathe the whole time."

"They sound like a lot of fun. I have one last question. Do you have to dark Mark yet?"

He pulls up his sleeve showing me the black tattoo ingrained into his skin

"Yep and it was extremely painful so have fun. It's kinda just burnt into your skin."

"Great that's just what I want. Well it was fun getting to know you Zabini. I think we can call ourselves friends now right."

"Yep, nice talking to you Granger."

I get up and leave his room heading back to mine. It was always good to get allies. Especially in a place like this.