The Coward's Choice

Jungkook calls a taxi and we go to the back of the building, where the paparazzi couldn't follow us. We step outside, enter the vehicle and sit down. I yawn and shamelessly, rested my head against Jungkook's shoulder. I'm glad that he didn't complain. My body, heart and mind was too exhausted to explain my mindset.

   We arrive at the party, which was located at some famous club I wouldn't be normally allowed entry into. One of the staff members gave a pair of shoes to Jungkook who was barefoot.

     After going through a lot of security, we finally entered the room where the festivity was located in. I thought everyone else would be tired as us, but they were living it up. They were even more energetic than before.

     It was a wild after party. And definitely not so safe for work. People were grinding, twerking and [redacted] to each other.

     "Let's just sit down," Jungkook suggested. He began talking to some other people I didn't know. I rested my head on top of my arms on the table. I slowly began to doze off until someone caught my attention.

From the corner of my eye, I see a young woman who who was dressed strangely. I couldn't tell what her face looked like, because it was covered by a huge masquerade face. This was weird, because the after-party didn't have a masquerade theme and no one else had their face completely concealed.

The most peculiar part of her outfit was her dress. This was because it the exact same dress as I was wearing. There's a limited amount of dresses in the world- of course someone was bound to wear the same dress as me at the same place. But everyone else here was stinking rich and were wearing thousand dollar designer gowns. Which means this girl was as the same financial status as me. Finally, someone who I could relate to.

I get up from the table and try to approach the girl. She seems distracted, talking to some stranger. Politely, I await for her to finish the conversation with the man until she was finally alone. I poked her shoulder and she turns around.

"Hi, I know we don't know each other, but I love your dress! Especially since it's the same as me. Guess we have the same taste. What's your name?" I enthusiastically asked her.

Although the mask almost completely disguised her face, I could still see her eyes widen with fear. She turned her face away from me and said in a low voice "Please don't talk to me."

I noticed that she had a slight lisp like I do. This girl was a lot more like me than I thought. "Oh, sorry I didn't mean to frighten you. I just was surprised to see someone in such an upper-class party with the same attire as mine, so I thought we'd enjoy each other's company-"

Before I was able to complete my sentence, the mysterious girl runs off away from me. She runs past the security and exits the large party room.

"I know I'm unpleasant to be around, but not enough for a complete stranger to flee from me," I whisper to myself.

The man that was previously talking to the mysterious girl goes up to me.

"Are you that masked lady's friend? She left this at her table." Before I'm able to respond, he hands me an article of clothing and walks away.

"Great, now I have garments from a person who hates and doesn't want anything to do with me me," I muttered to myself.

"Well...might as well look at it...perhaps it may contain her driver's license or some form of identification..." I held the piece of clothing up, in the dark atmosphere of the club.

It was a light pink sweater...my grandma made me a light pink sweater just like this...no, it couldn't possibly be the same one...

I looked at the sleeve and it said "For y/n. Love, Grandma". My stomach dropped.