12| M a s o n

We are only getting older baby
And I've been thinking about it lately
Does it ever drive you crazy
Just how fast the night changes
Everything that you've ever dreamed of
Disappearing when you wake up
But there's nothing to be afraid of
Even when the night changes
It will never change me and you

-Night changes, One Direction

12| Mason

"Just because I stole your burger, you are giving me yet another one?" She asked narrowing her eyes.

Mason shrugged. He had brought Evelyn to the nearest diner and it didn't have many choices for dinner. So burger it was, along with fries and a chocolate milkshake.

Evelyn stared at her food for minutes. Then she picked up a fry and managed to eat it in three bites. Three bites.

Who eats one fry in three bites? Evelyn and only Evelyn.

"So, I suppose I told you that I don't want to see you. Yet, here we are."

"Yes, here we are." Mason couldn't blame Evelyn for hanging out with his friends. Neither could he put down Jack's 'order' to come to the cinema hall. Or else, as Jack said, he might get pranked. So he had no other choice. Coming to the cinema hall was of course better than having shaved eyebrows.

"What did you say to Jack?" Mason asked eating his fries.

"Nothing, why?"

"He was shouting at me, saying I am stupid and all I can do is fight and I hurt people and don't take care and blah blah."

"Oh," Evelyn said still staring at her food.

"Why aren't you eating?"

Evelyn glanced at him. Then she looked at the food. Holding her stomach, she leaned back on the booth. "I can't."

"I thought you were hungry," Mason said.

"My stomach is in knots. I can't eat." Evelyn said shaking her head no.

"Is this the same thing that happens to you when you don't eat anything at lunch?" Mason asked abruptly.

"How many times do you stalk me on a daily basis?" She asked looking bored.

"Well, " Mason shrugged. He took a bite of his burger. "Why don't you take medicines?"

"It's complicated." Evelyn looked out the window. The street was dark and the glass window had become black in the lack of light. Nothing was visible on the other side. So Evelyn's own reflection stared back at her.