Chapter 20 - Trapped (Edited)

Rose POV :
"Rose.... "

"Don't, "I immediately cut off Jason when he was about to talk stepping closer. Right now I was trembling and tears were uncontrollable  flowing down my cheeks. I didn't know how to feel and how to react. How would you react to be in such a situation?

I didn't know I was sobbing only when the room got quiet and my sobs were echoing in the room. I looked at them all once again. They were glued to their spots but I could tell they want to move.

A tornado of thoughts flew in my mind. Was this what they planned all along? Did they knew I was going to stand helplessly infront of them? Was Diana befriending me was all an act?

I was a fool for stepping in on their trap. Now they probably going to eat me alive or god knows what would these monsters do to me. The thoughts really got me as I was breathing heavily and my vision got blurry.

"Please Rose let us explain." Diana pleaded. I was smart enough not to believe that. I did the only thing that I wanted to do the minute they barged in. I ran. To where? I didn't know. I turned and saw a stair case. I ran to it and climbed up. I sensed they were behind me so I ran faster. The stairs were made of old wood so they made an annoying sound when stepping on them.

I made it to the higher floor and saw a door that was opened to one of the rooms. I got in and it wasn't much different than the previous one. It was dark and dusty. The walls were a dark color of gray. There was an uncompleted window right infront of me. It was open from the ceiling to the floor. I turned around quickly when I heard footsteps. They all came barging in. I took steps backwards and started searching for a way to escape but there were none. I was trapped.

They took a few steps forwards and I backwards. They stopped but I kept taking small steps backwards.

"Please Rose, there is nothing to be afraid of. We are not going to hurt you. "Diana begged me with her eyes to believe her. Wasn't that what they say before they do something bad in movies?

"Rose it's okay... We can talk it out just calm down. " Marcus said and took a step forward. I, on the other hand,  kept slowly moving backwards. Right now, all of them were trying to calm me down by saying ' it's okay' and 'you are not getting hurt'. All but Jason. He was just looking at me then his gaze dropped to my feet then back to my face and he frowned. I might have believed them if it wasn't for his stare.

Without a word he stepped forward and I got so scared that I took alot of steps backwards. His frown deepened  and before I knew it, I was falling from the edge. I let out a scream while looking at the night sky. The wind blew out my hair and dress. I knew I was going to hit the ground now so I closed my eyes and waited for the harsh impact.

Which never came.

Instead, I felt like I was being held in someone's arms. I opened my eyes slowly and my head was still facing upwards. I saw through the window I fall from everyone's heads looking down at me in worry. I haven't looked at the person who caught me because I already know who it was.

Jason looked at me differently than the others. Instead of worry he was mad. I looked at his blue eyes and indeed he was furious. I decided to turn my gaze away from his burning eyes but when I did I was suddenly back to the room where everyone was.

I realized Jason was still holding me so I started kicking and yelling to let me go. He approached the window and stretched his arms out. The only thing that was keeping me from falling were his stretched arms.

I looked back at Jason with shock while he looked dead serious and mad. Everyone else was shocked as they held their breath .

"I either let you fall down and I wouldn't catch you this time or you will be quiet and listen. "He barked at me. Was he serious? I looked at him once more to see that he had zero humor on his face.

"Okay... Okay... just don't let me fall please."

He brought me back in and put me down. I immediately went to the corner.

"Okay then, shall we sit. "Marcus seemed relaxed like nothing had just happened and sat infront of me on the floor. Everyone looked at each other confused then they all just sat down except for Jason who decided to stand behind them. I hesitantly done so.

Marcus didn't even let me ask as he started explaining. Brad, Ed and Diana joined him in case he missed anything. He explained everything. I didn't know so much could happen in these few days. He told me how rogues were out to get me and they were sent by someone they didn't know. He only once left a note saying he was 'B'. The brown wolf that I saw next to my house was going to kill me but Jason attacked him. He said how Jason wanted me protected so he made sure they stay with me all the time. How Jason would watch me when I walk home so they wouldn't attack me like how they did to Mike.

The only thing I didn't understand was why Jason suddenly cared about me? If he hated me that much, it shouldn't bother him that I was being chased. I even noticed how Jason reacted to Marcus explaintion. He didn't say anything just get tensed and clenched his jaw and fists every time Marcus mentioned the rogues. He got more furious when he said they wanted to kill me. He glared at Marcus when he said that he wanted me protected. As if telling Marcus not to go any furthur than that in explaining why.

I asked them "Why did Jason wanted me protected if he didn't care about me? "They all looked at me wide eyes when I asked. Was I not supposed to ask that?

Marcus opened his mouth to answer but he was cut off by Jason.

"I don't care about you. I just hate rogues getting in my territory and because I am going to be Alpha soon, I will make sure that they don't get what they want. "

I widened my eyes. Alpha. He was an Alpha?

Jason moved to the door and so everyone stood up. Before he could leave he ordered them. "We don't know how many rogues are out there. It is not safe to let her go back now. They will find her easily. She will stay here for the night. Brad, Ed and I will search the area to see if there is more.  Marcus and Diana stay here and watch her. "

They all nodded and he was about to leave when I spoke. "No."

Everyone snapped their heads at me. It wws clear that no one disobayed him before. Jason froze and slowly turned around to face me.

"No what? "He said through clenched teeth.

"No I won't stay here for the night. I need to go back. My dad must be terribly worried by now."

"It is not up to you, you are staying so make yourself comfortable. They want you. They don't want your dad, he should be fine." he was about to leave again but I stopped him again. 

"But won't they use my dad to get to me? "I asked. They all looked at me speechless. They knew I was right, so I continued. "I am already getting chased by rogues because this 'B' person wants me dead and they know were I live. I am putting my dad in danger and here I am getting protection from teenagers who are werewolves. Protected or not I won't allow them to hurt my dad."

It was coming from my heart. He was the only one left for me. He was my only family and my oldest friend. He had done so much for me and I was putting him in danger for a reason I was still unaware of.

They all looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"I don't give a damn about your dad."

Did he just say that? Ohh no he didn't.

"Well I give a good damn about him."I was practically yelling. First he forcefully let me stay here then he say that.

"It doesn't matter. You are staying and that's final. "he gave me 'don't test me look' then looked at Marcus. "We won't be long. Mind link me if something bad happens. "

Marcus nodded and they left leaving me alone with Marcus and Diana. Mind link? I mattered to myself but Marcus heard. "It is like talking in your mind with other werewolves in your pack."

I nodded then turned and went to the window. I looked out and saw the black wolf running back to the trees with two wolves following him. I sighed and sat on the floor dangling my legs off of the edge watching them until I could no longer see them. I guess I was stuck  here. I could only hope my dad was alright.

Was it weird if I like the black wolf more than Jason even though they are the same?