Chapter 16

~•Time skip•~ •Friday•

*Jonathans pov*
It was Friday, which means tomorrow's the dance. I was pretty excited about going, especially with y/n. I woke up early so I can get ready. Me and y/n decided to wear matching comfortable clothes today, so I had to dig through my closet and dressers to find anything. I found a black shirt along with some gray jeggings/ sweatpants. I texted y/n what I was wearing so she texted back saying she had to look through her clothes. I chuckled to myself as I pictured y/n running around in her room looking for things. I was pulled out of my thought when I heard my phone ring. I checked to see who it was. It was a picture message from y/n. I looked at it and she found what I was wearing. She looked beautiful in those comfortable clothes. I saw her feet and saw that she was wearing slippers. I sighed and tried to find mine somewhere in my room. I found them so I quickly put them on. I texted her saying I was ready, so she replied with a 'okay I'll be there soon :)'. I smiled as I read the message. I went downstairs to go watch some tv until I heard a knock on my door. I went to go check who it was and saw Amber standing in front of me. I raised an eyebrow since I was confused on why she was here. "Hi Jonathan!" 'I have to get rid of her before y/n comes.' My thought faded away when I felt something wrapping me. I looked down and saw Amber hugging me. She looked up and smiled then placed her lips on mine. I didn't know what I was thinking because I started kissing her back. I broke the kiss when I heard a gasp. I looked up and saw y/n standing there with tears in her eyes. I ran towards her but she got in her car and drove off. She flipped me off before I started tearing up. I sighed and looked at Amber. She was laughing so I turned to her and glared. "You did that on purpose didn't you?!" She stopped laughing and walked towards me. "Oh Jonathan, did you honestly think I was gonna get you go to the dance with y/n? I mean seriously, we're the popular couple. I'm the beautiful popular girl and you're my bad boy boyfriend. We were supposed to go to the dance together." I didn't know what to say so I just walked away and told my dad that I was ready to go to school. He said okay and gave me the keys to start the car. I ran to the car and started it before Amber can come near me. My dad came in and quickly made our way to school. When we arrived, I looked for y/n. I heard a girl laughing and realized it was Kyle. I made my way to where she was at and saw that David and Lui were arguing about something. I ignored it and grabbed Kyles arm. She pulled away and slapped me. I looked at her in shock. I started tearing up and slid down against a locker. She sighed and sat down 3 inches away from me. "I'm sorry Jonathan, it's just y/n texted me saying she wasn't coming because she saw you kissing Amber again. Why do you let her do things like that Jon?" I looked down and thought about Kyles question. "I honestly don't know Kyle. She manipulates me I guess." She nodded and looked to her left. She saw Tyler and quickly got up. I got up after her and waited by the locker. Tyler glanced at me and kissed Kyle. I softly touched my lips thinking about y/ns lips against mine. I sighed and started walking away. I left the school and went to the yogurt place where y/n saw me kiss Amber last weekend. I ordered my yogurt and sat down next to a window. I looked out and saw y/n walking to the dress store. She had a black bag so I was assuming she was going to return her dress. I quickly ran out and stopped her. "Y/n!" She turned around and saw me. She didn't run away which was good. I caught up to her and hugged her tightly. She hugged me back and kissed me lightly. She started tearing up and let go of me. I noticed we were still wearing the same matching outfits. I smiled and held her hand. "Don't return the dress y/n, I wanna see you in it while at the dance with me. I bought a suit to match your dress. Please don't return it." She sighed as she nodded her head yes. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and grabbed her dress. I took it to where her car was. After I placed it gently in her car, I grabbed her and placed her on my back. She giggled as she received a piggy back ride. We walked around the city. I decided to take y/n to the carnival for the rest of the day. I texted Tyler to meet us there. After I texted him, I looked at y/n and told her that we were leaving. She smiled and nodded her head while she walked to her car. She threw me the keys and got in the passenger seat. I was excited that she let me drive her car again. I hopped in the drivers seat and started the car. I thought I would impress y/n by doing some drifts and donuts. She giggled while I did some drifts at some corners and stops. I made sure to be careful with y/ns car. It was getting dark so it was a perfect time to take her to the carnival. We went down town and made a stop for some ice cream. When we ordered our ice cream, I saw Amber. I sighed as I looked down. I felt a small soft hand on mine and saw that y/n was smiling. Her eyes sparkled whenever she smiled. It made my heart beat fast whenever she smiled. I smiled back and placed my hand on top of hers. "Look Jonathan, I was thinking about something. Something kind of important." I was worried about what she had to say, but I just let her talk. "My mom wants me to spend some time with her back in Nevada. She got me a plane ticket to go back to Nevada." I felt a sharp pain in my chest. I let go of her hand and leaned back in my seat. She sighed and moved next to me. She placed her head on my shoulder and held my hand again. I thought to myself. 'Is she going to leave me? We just got together, why does she keep pushing me away?' I felt myself tear up but I held back the tears. I looked up and then at her. She was quietly crying. I wiped her tears away and hugged her. I was about to kiss her, but then our ice creams came. I grabbed them both and waited for y/n to get up from her seat. She walked up to me and kissed my cheek. I blushed but smiled when she kissed me. We made our way to her car and sat there for a moment. I sighed and spoke up about y/n going back to Nevada. "So, are you thinking about going to Nevada? I mean, I really don't want you to go. We just got together." I heard her hum as if she were thinking about her answer. She then spoke up. "You know Jonathan, there's a reason why I'm here in Los Angeles with my dad. And that reason is because I don't want anything to do with my mom. She cheated on my dad and her boyfriend was really abusive with me. She didn't care or do shit about her boyfriend beating me up. I told my dad about it and he got in a fight with Aden. Aden's his name by the way. Anyway, yeah I don't want anything to do with her so to answer your question, no I'm not thinking about my going to Nevada. I wanna stay here with my dad, Kyle, Tyler, my friends and you." I smiled as she mentioned me. I was happy that I had her to make me smile. "I love you y/n." "I love you too, Jonathan."