Chapter 48- SM

Chapter 48- Shawn's POV

All of us entered a white, dull room. Startled by the stodginess of the room, I released Haylee's hand. She glanced at me, broken eyes. She was hurt because of the hate. It hurt me even more than she thought, to see her in pain; that I could not exactly heal her, it made me feel guilty. I wiggled my eyebrows, in a lame attempt to make her giggle. She chuckled a bit, at least flashing a grin.

Kids were starting to get into the room, most of them pale. They all had toys piled up in their arms, and they all seemed so euphoric. Of course, somehow they all managed to look ill. It was a characteristic from Haylee I could never- or would never- understand. Why was she so happy if by the illness she had she should be depressed, sad about it, cursing the world? Because she had it worse than anyone, and yet I found her with a blue-eyed girl, sitting on the ground, playing Barbies.

Being happy.

Cameron suddenly moved towards me, smiling, while looking at Leah."Dude, we all gotta go to another room, we're performing there. The girls all said it was fine if they stayed with the kids while we planned the show." Cameron grinned, grabbing my wrist and pulling me out of the room. I waved goodbye at Haylee, she replied with a small wave and a sweet smile.

Cameron got me to a very small stage, with red curtains. Jacob, the Jacks, and I were performing songs; the other guys were having a puppet show. I smiled, playing some small tunes in my guitar, just to practice a bit before we performed.

Nash made us all come up in a small circle. "We have not talked in a while. What's up y'all?"

"I'm grand." Said Johnson, calmly.

"Holla, The Fault in Our Stars reference!" Matt scram at the top of his lungs, eager as somehow Nat had convinced him to read the book.

"Such a pussy." Said Tay, shaking his head lightly. Causing Matt to punch him in the shoulder, as all of us laugh.

"I don't think he would've read it if she wouldn't had recommended it to him." Said Hayes, referring to, the 'matchmaker,' Nat- as she referred herself to, considering she helped the guys come up with their proposal for the gals to be their girlfriends.

"The book was still fantastic though." Matt said out loud, euphorically. "Just as she is." He whispered, he expected none of us to hear, but we all did. We laughed at Matt's cheesiness, but I think we all have that cheesy part inside of us.

"You guys would be literally perfection together." I said, actually saying what I really thought.

"She said she was into blonds." Matt sighed, saddened- no reason exactly why.

"You're such a dumb blond, you forgot you are blond." Laughed Nash at his clever statement.

"Plus she's latin, and you have latin roots too." Said Jacob, with the knowledge of Matt's Colombian ancestors.

"And didn't your mom and dad actually like Nat?" Asks Aaron, Carter nodding his hand beside him.

"Yeah, they did. We have Skyped together a couple of times and they were crazy about her, especially because she plays soccer in the state division, and my family loves soccer." Matt smiled like an idiot, talking about her talents.

"Man, I just hope my parents like Haylee as much as your parents like Nat." I sigh, hoping it all goes very well tonight when they meet.

"Dude, c'mon everyone likes Haylee she's such a sweet person." Says Carter, smiling.

Gilinsky claps."She's incredible. You are lucky to have a girl like that for you." Says Gilinsky.

And he was accurate.