33. Sunday Funday

The next morning I wake up to the sunlight streaming through my windows and the sound of music drifting from the living room.

A smile pulls at my lips as I pull back the blankets and climb out of bed. I pull the door open and immediately I'm met with the smell of cinnamon and the sound of Maya's melodious voice singing along with the radio.

I make it to the end of the hallway and find her bent over, seemingly looking for something in my fridge while the t-shirt she had evidently stolen from me threatened to reveal her ass if she bent any lower. "Looking for something?" I ask causing her to jump and spin to look at me.

"Josh" she gasps. "My god don't scare me like that."

I chuckle as I walk towards her. "Sorry sweetheart. What were you looking for?"

"Strawberries but apprently you have a very cliché men's fridge that is void of anything put protein and fat."

"What's wrong with that?" I ask confusedly making her chuckle.

"Nothing I suppose but I wanted to slice some strawberries on top of the french toast" she explains, motioning to the plates resting on the counter. My mouth instantly starts to water.

"Have I told you told you today how much I love you?" I ask as I wrap my arms around her waist.

"Hm not yet" she hums, looping her arms around my neck.

I smile as I lean down and brush my lips against hers. "I love you" I murmur before firmly pressing my lips to hers. The kiss slowly burns brighter and more insistent the longer it goes on, her tongue slips into my mouth and my grip on her waist tightens as I pin her against my counter.

My hands reach down to skim the inside of her thigh earning me a soft moan as I experimentally slide my hand higher and higher. "Josh" she murmurs, pushing back on my chest.

I immediately stop and pull away. "Too much?" I ask breathlessly but she chuckles, shaking her head.

"No I'm just hungry. Can we maybe pick this up later?" she asks hopefully. I smile, nodding my head as I tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Absolutely" I confirm, reaching down to peck her lips one last time.

~ 🚔 ~

Breakfast is delicious and since I made it Josh insists on doing the dishes and suggests I unpack so I could start feeling like this was my home too. Of course it wasn't my stuff that made this place my home, it was the person I was with. Josh was my home.

I'm currently in our bedroom hanging up my clothes in his already cramped closet when my phone rings. Without looking I pick it up.

"Should I be offended that you haven't called me yet?" Riley asks making me chuckle.

"Sorry hon. I've been so caught up in everything."

"Yea evidently you moved out. Your mom almost bit my head off when I went over there this morning."

I sigh, deciding to take a break and collapse onto the bed. "Yea well they left me really no choice. I'm staying at Josh's."

"And how's that going?" she asks curiously and I can't fight the smile that's pulling at my lips.

"Honestly? I never thought that living with someone could be so perfect" I gush. "He's just" I trail off.

"The one" she fills in causing a blush to rise on my cheeks. "I can't believe you're gonna actually be my aunt."

I laugh. "Not yet hon. Give it a few years."

"Semantics" she waves off. "So, what are you and my uncle doing today...anything special?"