17. Fuck off

EDITED

Frankie was in the closet of Matty's room with untied shoes, unzipped skirt and his shirt still on when she heard the soft click of the door.  "I've missed you so much love" said a voice that Frankie haven't heard before- the voice was soft, sweet and everything Frankie was not.

She put her hands on her mouth muffling down a giggle that was begging to come out, she tried, she really did but Matty must have heard it and he tried to cover it with a fake cough.

"Hey are you ok? Are you getting sick?" Said the Australian soft voice with a distinct tone of preoccupation.

She felt like she was in the fucking wardrobe of Narnia but for some reason she doubted that she was going to enter a magical snow covered world, all that was magical here was how by mysterious reasons she haven't being caught yet by the model.

She watched the couple through the crack of the closet door. Gabriella was sitting in the mattress and Matty was facing her- his back covering the closet door almost in a protective matter.

Matty almost had a heart attack, he really did think it was the end when Gabriella came straight onto his room when she entered the house. It was a surprise when he didn't see Frankie as he entered the room.

At that moment he thought maybe it was all in his imagination, a sick wet dream that he had about his brother's classmate but then he saw a shadow in the gap of the closet; of course that's where she was.

Matty wasn't able to focus on Gabby, all that he could think about was in Frankie and her soft blonde hair, and the way that their noses almost touched and how she kissed him so sweetly and gently.

"Matty are you listening to me?" Gabby said with her head tilted to the right, frowning brows and quizzical eyes.

"No I'm sorry I-I have being thinking about the new album how it's coming together, we have so many things to do; I mean I need to talk with Tobias about the light show and we haven't figure it out yet and the songs I just."

Matty said blurting out any excuse he could find in that hazy head of his.

"Hey it's ok I get it, don't worry, what about I do some breakfast and you freshen up a bit? Maybe take a shower?  I don't know you have always said that it helps you think"

Gabriella said giving him a warm hug and Matty felt so guilty, for fucks sake what was he doing? What was he thinking when he brought Frankie home yesterday?

Gabriella left the room rather quickly after those exchange of words and when she did Matty and Frankie let out a breath that they didn't know they were holding. Francis came out of the closet timidly looking at the floor, she felt very awkward in the situation that she was in.

" I guess I'll go now?" She states but it sounded more like a question like if she was asking him if she could go if he wanted her to go.

"Yeah I mean the kitchen is at the other end of the house she won't see you" Matty said playing with a stubborn curl that was blocking his view.

Frankie finished changing in his room and gave him back his shirt and boxers. She looked so weird dressed like that in the morning with the sun hitting her leather skirt and reflecting everywhere making weird shapes on the walls.  "You ready?" Matty said with his hand on the knob.

"Yeah fuck" she said rolling her eyes playfully.

When they opened the door the scent of Bacon and eggs was filling the air. Frankie walked on her tiptoes trying not to make any noise and thankfully Allen didn't chase them anywhere.

Matty was in front of her checking if the coast was clear and Frankie couldn't help but think how confident he was with this whole ordeal after his breakdown. She came to the conclusion that this probably wasn't the first time he had done this.

He opened slowly the front door for her and she walked out the smell of morning dew refreshing her senses, she looked back and saw him leaning on the door frame with his bare feet on the threshold.

She tried to analyze the scene and burn it in her memory: Matty Healy barefoot with a half smile on his face and crossed arms leaning in the door frame, standing on his doorstep only wearing underwater.

She started walking trying not to look back because if she did she would lose and her heart couldn't take that, "one step at the time" she thought looking at her feet steeping on the pavement cracks.

"Francis" she heard Matty said softly, she could have acted like she didn't hear anything but she didn't, she looked back at him in his underwear barefoot with bed head.

"Yeah?" She said a smile on her face because fuck he was cute and there was nothing she could do about it.

"Your clothes looked nice on my bedroom floor."

"Fuck off"