Chapter Twenty-Seven: But If He Breaks Her Heart...

"Please stop screaming."

I kept on screaming.

Jordan turned to his friends "How are we going to get her to stop screaming?"

The two of them only pathetically shrugged in reply.

Honestly, you can't blame me for screaming. It was only seven o'clock at a school night, and I was innocently going inside the safety and comfort of my home. What I didn't expect was three huge rolling executive office chairs right in front of me. When I turned on the lights, I suddenly heard a creak of the floorboards. When I turned, there were the three huge chairs that I definitely know aren't supposed to be there. All at once, the chairs turned around in perfect unison.

Of course it was them. Who else would it be? Both Bennett and Declan sat slumped in their chairs with a rather bored but pissed look on their face. I would've been scared if it weren't for Jordan. Suddenly my screaming turned into laughter. I doubled over, laughing at him, tears coming into my eyes.

"I-is she laughing?" Bennett asked in confusion.

"She was screaming a minute ago." Declan said.

I tried to calm myself down. But when I looked back at Jordan, I burst out laughing again. I couldn't do it, I couldn't stop laughing. It wasn't possible.

Jordan, the hilarious idiot he is, was the only one who took this seriously, his voice being the one who said, "We've been expecting you." He was wearing a top hat over his dirty blonde hair, with a monocle on his left eye and wore a fake mustache under his lip. And just to top it all off, he was petting a stuffed animal of a cat.

"Naomi, be serious for a second," Jordan told me.

I said between laughs. "It's hard to take you seriously when you're wearing a mustache and holding a stuffed animal."

Jordan gasped. "Snowball isn't just any stuffed animal, aren't you Snowball?" He cooed, petting the animal.

I had to ask. "Where did you buy this... Snowball?"

"I won him in the claw crane game while we were out buying the chairs," Jordan answered distractedly, as he continued to fawn over Snowball. "Who was won in the stupid claw game? You were! Yes, you were!"

"He won him after a couple of tries," Bennett told me.

Declan snorted at that. "Yeah, after a couple dozen times."

"Hey!" Jordan said in defense. "Those games are hard, okay?"

"Yeah, but you didn't have to get the hat, mustache and monocle too."

"I had too!" He said. "You can't do this-" gesturing the whole set up "-without the whole package. And you guys were supposed to wear it, too."

"I was not going to wear a mustache." Declan growled.

"Wait," I said, finally remembering what Jordan just said. "You said you bought Snowball while you were out buying the chairs. You actually bought chairs for this?"

Bennett was the one who answered since Jordan was too busy cuddling Snowball and Declan was just too bored. "Yeah, and they weren't the cheap kind either. Jordan wanted to buy the fancy executive chairs."

"For effect!" Jordan defended.

"We had to haul these onto my car and lug it over to your house." Declan explained. "Then this idiot here-" gesturing to the idiot with a top hat and mustache "-had us practice turning all at once."

"For effect!" Jordan repeated.

"It was actually harder than it sounds," Bennett said, scratching his head.