• 1 •

Annabeth's POV

"No, seriously. I can't believe you said that to her face!" I exclaimed.

"What? I was just telling her the truth." Piper stated simply.

Earlier that day, before third period, Piper and I were walking to our lockers to grab our things for math. On our way to the classroom we, unfortunately, ran into my biggest enemy; Drew Tanaka.

Flashback

"Hey Annie." She said with a plastic grin on her face. "Now I finally know why no guy will ever go near you; your style, or lack there of." She said with a smug little smile that made my blood boil. I had been wearing fairly normal clothes: ripped skinny jeans, and my favorite grey hoody. Nothing too special.

"Believe it or not, Drew, school isn't a fashion show and the halls are not your runway." I retorted.

"And wow. You really don't have a life, do you?" Piper asked. "I mean, she doesn't have some one to screw right now so she uses her time to say meaningless, stupid insults to us." Piper finished, facing me. "This is honestly just sad." Piper said with fake sympathy in her voice. Drew just stood there, speechless. A look of complete surprise on her face, quickly changing to a look of fury.

"Any more 'insults', Drew?" Piper made air quotations with her fingers. "That's what I thought." Piper said before grabbing my hand and pushing past Drew and her two minions.

End of Flashback

"Still, that was pretty awesome." I complimented.

"Aw, it was nothing. Just sticking up for my best friend. But, if you insist, yes, it was pretty awesome." Piper remarked before we laughed.

I had been walking with my head down, so I couldn't see straight in front of me. Suddenly, I felt someone push right into me and the next thing I knew, my back was to the floor with someone heavy sprawled on top of me.