NINE: ANGEL

Chapter 9: Angel

"I closed my eyes and I slipped away."

•

They finally arrived at the Byers household. Mike running to the door to open it. Steve ran to the door with Eve in his arms as everyone followed close behind.

Eve was barely conscious by the time they arrived, letting out slight groans into Steve's neck every few minutes. Max ran to the kitchen knocking everything that was on the table onto the floor, Eve's life was more important than stupid possessions. Steve walked in with her, nodding in appreciation before laying Eve on the table.

"Eve, Eve, we're here okay? You're gonna be okay," Steve promised her as he moved some of her tangled hair out of her face, "I love you, you're gonna be okay."

It broke everyone's hearts to see Steve Harrington look so vulnerable and upset, all he wanted was for his sister to be okay, she was one of the only things he cared about in life - if she was gone he'd be destroyed.

"Grunt if you're okay," Hopper said as he grabbed a cloth to clean her wounds, everyone surrounding her except from the Byers and Nancy. Will was on the couch asleep with Johnathan next to him and Nancy holding his shoulder, Joyce was in her room grieving her boyfriend, Bob Newby's death.

Eve grunted in response, making everyone feel relieved. Steve carefully removed his jacket from her quivering form and put it on the back of a chair. He didn't care that she'd completely ruined it with blood, he just needed her to be okay.

Hopper walked over and undid Dustin's belt from around her waist. She whined a little in response from pain as Hopper threw it into the sink.

Max and Steve held a hand each as Hopper cleaned Eve's cuts, earning little groans and hisses as he did so. He cleaned the smaller wounds first before looking at her side.

"This is gonna hurt like a bitch," Hopper said as he looked at the huge gash. He carefully cleaned around it before getting the hydrogen peroxide to clean and help stop bleeding.

He pressed it to her skin and she screamed in pain, her hand clenching in Steve's as she felt the wave of pain attack her.

"What the hell," Hopper mumbled as he saw something that looked a little like the black shadow coming from her wound.

"I have to do this, hold her still," Hopper says to no one in particular. Steve let's go of Eves hand to hold her down by her shoulders and Eve lets out a little cry at the loss of contact with her brother.

"It's okay Angel, I'm right here," Steve whispers, moving the hair from the girls face as he applied a little pressure to her shoulders, ready to stop her moving. Lucas and Dustin held her legs in place as Max kept hold of her left hand and mike held on tight to her right one.

Hopper quickly cleaned up the gash in Eve's side and she screamed and wriggled in pain, tears falling from her eyes as all she wanted to do was fall into darkness.

But she didn't, not yet. Steve talked to her the whole way through, saying comforting things to keep her as calm as possible.

"It's not gonna stop bleeding, I've gotta temporarily stitch it up," Hopper says to Steve. "The hydrogen peroxide should've numbed it a little, but this is gonna hurt like nothing she's ever felt before."

"Okay," Steve sighed and nodded, giving Hopper the ok to do it. Hopper grabbed a cloth and put it in Eve's mouth for her to scream on before getting a sterile needle. He warmed it up and put through the medical thread.

"Okay, I'm going in, hold her still," Hopper mumbles and as soon as that needle goes into contact with Eve she screams in pain, tears falling rapidly from her eyes as the pain doesn't stop.

"Shhh, shhh, it's okay," Steve promised the girl, "shhh. You're gonna be okay. This is temporary."

Eve screamed again, not listening to her brother as the pain took over most of her body.

"Now just a few little cuts to go," Hopper tells them and they all let go of Eve, knowing the worst of it was over. But Eve wouldn't let Mike let go, she held on, turned on her side a little with her head close to their hands. He could feel her soft breaths on his hand.

"Can- can I sleep now?" Eve whispers to Steve, her voice almost completely gone.

"Yeah," Steve nods, pecking the girl's sweat covered forehead, "You did good."

As Hopper continued to clean and bandage wounds, everyone else was silent, all that could be heard was Steve's soothing voice talking to Eve, saying comforting words. He really did love his sister.

After Ten minutes, Hopper was done and Eve had drifted off into a peaceful sleep that she desperately needed, her hand loosely staying in Mike's as Max watched enviously.

"Thanks Chief, I owe you," Steve says to Hopper who nods at the teen.

"No problem, kid," Hopper says to him. He carefully picked Eve up and moved her to the couch. Johnathan had moved Will to his bed so Eve could rest there.

As Hopper lay her down, he couldn't help but feel like Eve was his little girl, Sara. They looked similar, and the last time he'd seen his little girl, she'd been in a vulnerable state just like Eve was.

He moved closer to Eve and put a kiss to her forehead, a feeling he hadn't felt since Sara had died coming alive in him. He found himself wondering if he could've saved Sara like he had Eve and Eleven-

Eleven.

He had no idea if she was safe or not, if she was mad or not. The thought brought a frown to his face and he found himself sighing. He got up and moved back to the kitchen and Max sat next to Eve, playing with her hair soothingly.

Remember to vote and comment, I appreciate it!

1274 words
Edited