SPECIAL CHAPTER PART THREE

Jezra

"Dad, eat. Please?" I have already tried different ways to make him eat the food I serve him, but he always ends up throwing all away.

"I only want my mom to cook for me!" he yells, putting his hands over his ears to stop hearing any word from me.

"Dad, patay na si Lola matagal na," mahinahong sabi ko.

"Kanina lang ay nagkausap kami! And don't call me Dad! I don't have a daughter!" sigaw niya saka siya tumakbo palabas ng bahay.

Napabuntong-hininga ako at mabilis ko siyang sinundan palabas.

"Dad, you need to eat. Stop running away from me," pakiusap ko sa kanya pero natigilan ako nang makita kong may kausap siyang lalaki.

Napatitig ako sa kanya nang matagal.

He looks so familiar. Saan ko nga ba siya nakita?

Nang titigan niya ako nang matagal na para bang may gusto siyang sabihin, agad akong nagsalita.

"I'm sorry about that. My father is suffering from Alzheimer's so he's usually like that."

Pero hindi pa rin siya nagsalita at nanatili pa rin siyang nakatitig sa 'kin kaya tinitigan ko rin siyang mabuti para alalahanin kung saan ko nga ba siya nakita.

I really don't know why he's so familiar to me. All I know is that I've already seen him somewhere in the past, I just don't remember when and where.

Oh my God. I remember now.

"You're Zild, right? Ressler's cousin?" tanong ko.

Agad siyang nagtaka kaya napangiti ako.

"I saw your picture with Ressler's wife. It was saved in his phone."

Nananatili pa rin siyang nakatitig sa 'kin at hindi nagsasalita.

"What can I do for you?" sambit ko. Again, he stay silent.

I laugh softly when I've finally figured out why. "I'm not her twin, if that's what you're thinking right now," I say.

"Nagkataon lang na magkamukha talaga kami," I add.

Raising a brow at me, he steps closer to me.

"How did you know about Ressana?" he asks. He has finally found his voice to speak.

"Ressler told me everything about her. And my voice, I know it sounds the same as Tamara's," I pause, shaking my head with disbelief. "Ressler and I became friends only because he thinks that I'm the combination of his old sister and his wife. My face, plus my voice and personality, perfect combo."

Ressana Morris, the older sister of Ressler who died a long time ago.

"Anyway, I know you won't be here if it's not important. So, if you have something to tell me, can you please make it fast? My dad's waiting for me inside. He needs to eat."

"You know that Ressler's married, right?" His jaw clenches.

"Yeah. I know that."

There's a pause.

"And I'm also aware about your relationship with his wife. You guys seriously have the nerve to have that kind of relationship? You seriously have the nerve to do that to Ressler?" I cross my arms above my chest.

He scoffs. "Don't talk like you know everything. His wife is dying, Morales. She chose to push Ressler away from her because of her f*ckin' cancer!" His voice is shaking. I am stunned by what he said.

"O-Oh. I'm . . . I'm sorry I didn't know." Bakas pa rin sa mukha ko ang pagkagulat.

"The next time she cries because of you, I'll make you pay," he warns me, turning his back from me.

Before he can even get inside his car, I call his name.

"Can you do me a favor?"

There's silence.

"I need to talk to her. Please watch over my dad hanggang sa makabalik ako."

He is stunned by my desperate voice.

I really want to talk to her.

"Kedda Hospital. Room 706," he informs me. Great. I thought he won't help me.

"Thanks. Uhm. I'm Jezra, by the way," I formally introduce myself, offering my hand to him.

He scoffs. "I'm not interested about your name, Morales. And if you're thinking that we can be friends, dream the hell on."

With the way he looks at me, it feels so familiar. It's like it has already happened before.

Oh my God.

I remember now.

He is the guy I've met in Italy a few years ago. If I remember it right, I accidentally spilled my coffee on him when I was chasing my dad.

My lips curve into smile.

Small world.

__

Up Next: Facts about Smile for me, Ressler