07 | real life

vii

vii. pecan pie

Sebastian sat on the steps of the back porch, looking at the blank dark sky. His mother was inside talking to the the Rhodes'. Sebastian had gone outside to get some fresh air.

The Trevisani's and Hernandez' had left already. Izzy and Marco had told him, they would talk to him later. He hadn't realised someone had joined him, until they said his name.

"Sebastian, you alright?" Nancy called, making me turn around.

"Yeah" Sebastian replied, looking at the brunette.

He smiled at her as she sat down next to him.

"I brought pie" she said, passing Sebastian a plate.

"You're one of a kind" he smiled, tucking into the pie.

"You seem tired" Nancy said, before putting a piece of pie in her mouth.

"The flight made me tired" Sebastian replied.

"It was only five hours" Nancy chuckled.

"Okay, maybe I'm just a mess then" Sebastian laughed.

"I've missed this" Nancy said.

"Yeah, I've been gone for a while. I was actually thinking of staying for a bit" Sebastian said, making Nancy look up from her plate.

"Really?" Nancy asked.

"Well yeah, maybe for a week or two. There's no rush for me to head back to L.A. anyway. And I can spend time with my mum. And you, and Marco and Izzy" Sebastian said.

"You should stay, it would be nice" Nancy mumbled.

"I was thinking of staying at Marco's hotel, and my birthday is in a few days so I can spend that with you guys as well" Sebastian said.

"Yeah, that sounds good" Nancy said.

"I was also going to invite some friends from L.A. and I could introduce you guys to them" Sebastian said.

"You replaced us?" Nancy faked gasped, placing her hand on her chest.

"I could never replace you guys" Sebastian said.

"And I'm pretty sure Izzy would kill you" Nancy said.

"And she calls me the villain" Sebastian laughed.

"I should help my mum clean up" Nancy said, standing up.

"I'll help" Sebastian said.

"No, it's fine. Just relax and stare at the boring sky" Nancy teased, heading inside with the empty plates.

Sebastian looked at the blank sky once more before standing up, and following Nancy inside.

"What do you want me to do?" Sebastian said, leaning forward over the kitchen counter.

"Dishes" she said, passing him so yellow rubber gloves.

"Alright" Sebastian said, grabbing the gloves and turning around to the sink.