Biggest Mistake

Chapter Seventeen

Taehyung sits awake on his mattress. Aching, eye black and bruised. He blinks back tears, cradles his knees to his chest. Chin rests, he thinks about last night. In a way, it's a continuation of a day. Tossing and turning the entire night, Taehyung's eyes are red for different reasons outside of being high and drunk. Sober now. He swears under his breath, wipes his leaking eyes into his palms then winces. His face stings.

Hours ago, Taehyung shifted up from his bent position and looked over to his friend Khalil holding your wrist. When seeing you, displayed to shame, he remembered wanting to throw up again. Nothing left to dispose of, Taehyung swallowed the remaining chunks of disgusting after-vomit that slapped on his tongue.

He blinked. His world was spinning and upset. He couldn't focus on the voices that echoed around him, wanting to sink into Yoongi's neck and have the older man take care of him. But there was a massive part of him that knew not to fall asleep. There was trouble spewing and he felt it in every numb feeling he had left.

When an angry, "If he can move on with whoever he likes, I can do the same!" left your mouth, Taehyung looked at your lips. They were quivering, and tears were about to glue on them. He blinked and blinked, looked over to Oki who tensed. His best friend's hands moved off the girl he was with this night, his eyes formed in a similar anger when staring at his ex-girlfriend. Then Oki looked to Taehyung.

Hand on his stomach, back still hunched with an arm around Yoongi for support—Taehyung saw what was coming but didn't deem fit enough to dodge it. Oki swung. He hit with his dry knuckles just above Taehyung's left cheekbone. His head flung back. His knees gave out. Yoongi wrapped his entire body around support so Taehyung's bent knees would stay up.

All hope failed.

"HOW THE FUCK?" Whether that was a growl or whine, the boy bleeding at his cheek couldn't tell. Taehyung moved up with the help of Yoongi but was tossed down again when another hard fist met his mouth. His bottom lip curved in, your jaw locked. Blood rose from the cut he gave himself, along with the easy sprouting when Oki's knuckles now became moist from Taehyung's blood.

"OKI!" Khalil yelled. Or was it someone else? Taehyung didn't know. His ears rung, his eyes wished to roll back. Yoongi failed to keep him up as knees bashed into the pavement.

Yoongi flung to the side, the angered man held all power. His fists flew, his body hurled. Taehyung slapped the ground, his shoulder blades sounding as if a mirror shattered. Moaning in pain, when Taehyung tried to open his eyes, another fist cracked to the side of his face. His head whipped, blood from his mouth having his tongue whine in disgust.

Straddled. Oki's knees were probably bruised just as much as his hands. Taehyung's ears rung. He heard a pitched scream. A scream of a girl. He didn't know why he imagined it was you that worried rather than the stranger that was to sleep with Oki if things worked out differently this night.

"H-How co-co—" Oki couldn't finish. He was a crying drunk with bloody fists when friends pulled him off a groaning Taehyung. "Why the fuck would you do this?" Taehyung thought he heard that through the pitches his mind wandered in.

There was a shout from Jin, a curse from Yoongi, and then a soft hand that suddenly met his cold cheek. Taehyung recognised the touch. It was the same you did when he kissed you, holding on and begging to be near. This time, in a different context. With a slow smile, he didn't know he was pulling, the darkness that knocked Taehyung out cold took force.

Clank! Cry! Taehyung jumps on his bed this morning. Upper lip shaking when hurting his entire back from the sudden startle, the boy lets his swollen eyes glance towards the rat-trap he has near his saxophone case. Staring at the mouse that squirms in the trap, there is a dark moment when nothing, but the struggle is seen. Taehyung doesn't move yet to go help the mouse. Not yet.