¤42¤

Danielle

I open the front door and I make Kyle sit on the bar stool.

I grab the first aid kit from under the sink and I clean Kyle's cuts putting a bandage on them.

"Thanks," Kyle says to me.

"No problem, baby." I pack up the first aid kit and then I look at Kyle.

He looks away from me.

"Do you feel okay?" I asked him.

He nods his head yes.

I take in a deep breathe and I close my eyes for a second.

"You know you didn't have to do that!" I say to Kyle.

"Mabey you don't think I needed to, but I think I needed to."

"Why fight over me when you know I only want you?"  I asked putting my hand on his arm.

"Mabey I don't know that!" Kyle says looking me in the eyes for a second.

I blink a few times before looking away from him.

"You don't know-" I say stopping myself.

I roll my eyes and I walk to my room.

I can tell that this conversation was going to turn into an argument, and I don't feel like arguing with Kyle right now.

I sit in my room and I turn on Love and Basketball.

I sit there watching the movie and I hear Kyle come into my room.

"What do you want?" I asked him, my eyes glued to the screen.

"You know I didn't mean to say that." Kyle says.

I don't reply.

"Shorty, come on," Kyle says.

He sits next to me and he tries to make me look at him.

I move my head the other way so he can't grab me.

"I don't wanna talk about it right now." I say to him.

"Don't talk then, just listen." Kyle says.

"I don't know why I said that. I know you don't want anyone other than me," Kyle says. "I don't know, mabey I'm afraid of D'Angelo taking you away from me one day."

I look at Kyle and I raise an eyebrow at him. "Come on Ugly, that wouldn't happen!"

Kyle shruggs. "You don't know that, shit happens."

"Let me give you some reassurance," I say to Kyle.

I grab my phone and I call D'Angelo, putting him on speaker.

He answers on the third ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey," I say. "Look, D'Angelo, about tonight...I don't think we should be friends. I don't want to give you the wrong idea, so I don't think we should talk anymore. You can't repsect my boundaries. I have a boyfriend and I don't think it's right for me to have someone as a friend who is constantly flirting with me."

D'Angelo stays quiet. "Alright, I understand. If you ever change your mind, I'll be there."

I hang up the phone and I look at Kyle.

"Hm, I don't know. I might need some more reassurance." Kyle says with a wink.

I look at him laughing.

I go to my contacts and I delete D'Angelo's number from my phone.

"Better?" I asked.

"Nah," Kyle grabs me and places me on his lap.

He kisses my lips and I kiss him back.

"I think your-" I say before Kyle pecks my lips, inturupting me mid sentence.

I continue to talk "-reassured now,"

"You thought wrong." Once Kyle says that, one of the sex scenes from Love and Basketball comes on, along with the song.

Kyles hands make their way up my shirt and he removes it, kissing me again.

This time the kiss was more...lustful.

______

This book will have about 50 chapters. So there is at least eight more chapters.