Chapter 19

Hours before the incident

Jaehwa stepped a bit backwards as Min stood before her. She knew the President was the cause of all these problems and that he meant danger. However, the purple colour of his eyes were making her freeze at her spot.

She wished to move but she didn't dare. The intimidating aura that came from Min pressurised her. Her movements were restricted as Min locked her actions with his eyes. She had been tied by the invisible chains that only a coloured eyed could see.

"What do you want?" She gritted her teeth against him.

He let out a chuckle.

"Don't worry, Miss Jung. I'm not here to hurt you. Just have to scan you."

"Scan me? Why in the world would you need to scan me?"

"That is something I cannot say but you will find out soon."

Once Min had finished memorising of her the features, his eyes turned back to black and he unwrapped the chain around Jaehwa.

Jaehwa glared at Min who was rather amused by her expression.

"You don't seem scared, young girl."

Jaehwa raised her eyebrow.

"I should be?"

"Maybe that's why the young majesty was interested in you."

Jaehwa squinted her eyes and folded her arms.

She scoffed, "It's because he's got a great taste."

"But maybe you had a bad taste."

"Excuse me?!" Jaehwa snarled.

"Do you expect a fairytale happy ending?" He mocked which irritated Jaehwa.

His words were true but she didn't care.

"That's my business and not yours to care."

Their conversation was interrupted when Namjoon rushed out of the house.

"Jaehwa!" He shouted and came running towards them.

And in the midst, Min disappeared just before Namjoon reaches the place.

Namjoon clicked his tongue as he missed it and scanned Jaehwa worriedly.

"Are you alright?"

Jaehwa nodded but her heart ached.

"I'm just worried about Jin."

••••••••••••••••••< Current Time >••••••••••••••••••

Jin was too shocked to process anything. Officers came running into the building and handcuffed Jin. Jin's mind was blank but just as he was taken away, he saw Jaehwa shatter into pieces.