Strangers No More

[UNEDITED] - this chapter is meh but it's necessary for the plot so meh mEH.

Chapter Eighteen

"What?" Taehyung asks in shock. His body is limp, his eye less swollen from before. It's been three days since the brawl, Taehyung's been up and walking again. Smiling a little more, nothing but a great surprise hit him fast when Jungkook and Jimin finally came to visit.

Staying at Jin and Hoseok's place for the time being, Taehyung felt brighter and better with their energy around constantly. One morning, they left for class and Taehyung stayed behind to rest. Jimin messaged him earlier this morning. With a large smile, the injured boy held his breath when responding to the question, "You home?" Only to be surprised an hour later by both his friends he had not seen in a while.

Jungkook's eyes popped when seeing Taehyung's beaten form. Jimin's eyes softened as worry escaped his mad exterior. It was then they found out. He wondered why Jin didn't tell them? Or Hoseok? Or Yoongi?

"Wha—" Jimin was cut off by Jungkook who whispered, "Shit. I guess we've missed a lot."

They asked what happened and Taehyung told them after ushering them into Hoseok's room he had stolen for the time being. Excited to see them, Taehyung brought Jungkook to the bed and had him sit, while trying to do the same to Jimin. Head shook, Jimin mumbled, "I'm fine right here." He awkwardly moved to lean against a dresser, tense. Taehyung, noticed their anger still. He wondered why they came if not to talk about moving on.

Then they told me why they came. Jimin didn't say much, quiet and looking down to the tiles. Jungkook was the one to mutter out what he thought he saw a few nights ago. The same night Taehyung came to live here temporarily. With shoulders sulked, eyes narrowed, and head shaking in disbelief, Taehyung couldn't believe it.

"N-No, you must've seen someone else," the beaten boy says now.

Jimin shakes his head, scoffs to himself, and stares up to the ceiling. "I told you there was no point in telling him," the boy mumbles, glaring over at Jungkook. "Taehyung wouldn't dare question Oki's morals. Not even after the tool cheated on his girl repeatedly."

Taehyung's jaw flexes, his head starting to pound. His heart is racing, his mind is running wild. He registers what Jungkook says and goes into a long silence. Head ducks. "N-No, no that—he'd never. Not to me...knowing Ella and how seriously I take what happened. Oki wouldn't."

Jungkook's eyes fill in anger. He breathes, blinks away, and stands to his feet. "Let's go," he says while Jimin already leans off the dresser, about to move for the door.

Taehyung stands up himself. "Guys, come on! I'm not being delusional, nor am I in denial. Oki would NOT do that to me!" His voice is unintentionally loud. Anger flows, hurt flows, and he starts to project to the ones that cared enough to come inform him.

"What makes you so sure he wouldn't?" Jungkook yells. Jimin holds him back, pulling the riled boy to the door. Nothing stops Jungkook from flinching away, stepping towards Taehyung.

"He's my best friend!"

"Not a great one if he's out FUCKING your ex!" the first-year hollers. Jungkook puts emphasis on one word, knowing it'll irk the injured boy.

Taehyung's fists clench. "STOP! How do I know the two of you aren't lying? You're both mad at me and don't like Oki much at al—" Jungkook gasps. Jimin's eyes narrow, disbelief glues to his face. Taehyung's face falls. Anger vanishes and anxiety soars.

With a slow step forward, the boy's shaking voice says, "I didn't mean that, I—"

"Were we ever friends?" Jimin asks sad, "Or are we all just fake-outs for the times you feel lonely when not around your real boys...?"