17. Merry - Request

Merry - Request

Summary : Maddy, Merry's beloved, dies in a battle, and the hobbit is heartbroken. He knows he could never live without the girl, so he ends up his life!

Words : 1733.

Warnings : Death and feels...

A/N : This imagine was requested by my dear friend, multi_fandom_32! I hope you enjoy it, mellon!

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Narrator's POV

Merry, Éowyn, King Théoden, Maddy and the other soldiers were currently on the Pelennor fields, fighting the Nazgûl, Orcs and Mûmakil. The battle cries were floating in the air along with the dust that was rising from the ground, while the whole battlefield was in chaos as the Mûmakil was decimating the Valiant Rohirrim...

Maddy looked around, searching for Merry, but he was nowhere to be found. She knew that he was a brave hobbit, but he wasn't made of iron, so she was afraid that he has gotten hurt. Maddy walked and walked, killing every enemy that was blocking her path, but failed finding her lover.

"MERRY!" she yelled, hoping that he could hear and answer her, but silence was all that she got.

Glancing around, she suddenly saw Théoden lying on the ground, while Éowyn was fighting the Witch-King, trying to protect him.

"MERRY!" she called called again, but, fortunately, she was luckier this time.

"Maddy!" she heard the familiar voice, so she turned around and saw him about 30 meters away from her, fighting a Nazgûl. She smiled, relieved that he was ok, while her heart started beating normally again.

As soon as he finally killed the enemy, Merry looked into her direction and returned the smile. He got really worried when he realized that she wasn't by his side anymore, but now he was relieved to see her.

Maddy was the love of his life and he wished he could run and hug the life out of her, but his leg was injured so he decided to walk slowly.

Suddenly, he stopped dead in his tracks and his facial expression changed radically, making the girl frown in confusion. He looked frightened... But why?

"Maddy, watch out!" he exclaimed, his eyes widening.

Maddy turned around hesitantly and her breath hitched in the back of her throat as soon as she saw a Nazgûl in front of her.

"Goodbyeee!" the monster whispered and, before the girl could have moved, he fiercely stabbed her in the chest, making her gasp and whimper in pain.

"NO!" Merry exclaimed, feeling his whole world crashing beneath his feet.

As soon as the Nazgûl made sure that his sword has stabbed her all the way through her chest, he took it out, making her fall on her knees in front of him. Maddy let out another gasp as soon as she reached the ground and placed her shaking hand on her bleeding wound.

The Nazgûl raised his sword above her, ready to stab her again, but before he could have done so, Merry ran into his direction and immediately killed him. Turning his head, Merry's heart almost stopped beating as he saw his beloved laying on the ground, breathing heavily, so he rushed at her side, trying to fight back the tears.