~Fifty-One~

A/N: Yay, another chapter is out and it is LONG AS SHIT!! :D I hope you guys enjoy it though xx

~Leah~

"Mummy!" Piper came running into the house as soon as me and Harry answered the door, "Mummy, mummy, mummy, mummy, mummy! Did you miss me?" She jumped up and down excitedly on the spot and hugged my legs.

"Oh, Piper!" I scooped her up in my arms and laughed, "You're a little hyper this evening, aren't you?"

Piper giggled and wrapped her arms around my neck before hugging me tight – snuggling her head against my chest and letting out a soft, happy sigh.

"Aww, welcome home, my darling," I lovingly kissed the top of her head, "did you have a nice weekend?"

"Daddy!" Piper began to reach for Harry, "Daddy, daddy!"

Seeing how much she wanted to cuddle him, I chuckled quietly and handed her over to Harry. I knew she would be excited to see him, but for some reason I kept feeling like she'd just deliberately avoided my question about her weekend.

Harry laughed and kissed Piper's cheek before hugging her tight – making her giggle again as she clung to his neck and rested her head on his shoulder.

"Hello, beautiful," he kissed her again, "we missed you so much."

In the doorway, I saw Heath cross his arms and roll his eyes – causing me to place a hand on my hip and raise an eyebrow at him.

"D'you wanna come inside for a bit?" I offered reluctantly.

"No, thank you. I'd rather just get on with the two-hour drive back home," he grumbled, "honestly, Leah, this distance is ridiculous."

"Oh, I'm sorry, is the distance not worth travelling to see your daughter?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever, Leah," Heath rolled his eyes again, "can you just get her away from him so that I can say goodbye, please?"

I let out a sigh and nodded before I turned back to Harry and Piper – who were still happily cuddling.

"OK, pumpkin, your dad's about to go," I told Piper, "why don't you say goodbye to him, yeah?"

The huge smile that Piper had on her face while Harry held her in his arms instantly faded as soon as I mentioned Heath – which made me frown a little. Piper hasn't seemed so against saying goodbye to him for months.

Has something happened..?

Harry carefully lowered Piper to the ground and gently patted her back to usher her towards Heath – and she looked down at the floor and placed her hands behind her back as she slowly made her way over to him. I folded my arms and discreetly took a step closer to them. I was worried about why Piper was acting this way.

Heath crouched down to Piper's height and smiled at her before he kissed her cheek, but he moved his face a little closer to her ear – which made me raise my eyebrows.

"Remember," I heard him mumble to her, "don't tell your mum what you saw."

My eyes immediately widened as I just caught on to his words.

What..?

Piper didn't say a word – keeping her eyes fixed on the ground before finally giving him a silent nod.

My eyes immediately narrowed, and as soon as Heath pulled away from Piper, I took her hand and gently pulled her to my side. I felt her fingers quickly closing around mine. She was holding my hand tight, and I forced myself to hold back the piercing glare I was dying to give Heath as I felt myself launching into Protective Mode.