44| the pig

Colton | Caleb

⚠️Warning! Colourful language ahead!

•••••••••••••••••••

"I'm so damn happy that I'm leaving this shitty place"

"It hasn't even been that long"

"A week is too long in my books"

"You're coming to live with mom and dad right?"

"Hell no"

"Colton. You need to, you're sick and you need somebody to take care of you"

"I'm fine, besides, mom and dad don't give a shit about me."

"That's not true Colton, they love--"

"No they don't. If they did, they wouldn't fucking call a nurse to take care of me while they are gone and do it themselves"

"They are doing it for us brother--"

"Can we please stop talking about them? We always argue about them and it gets us no where, my answer will always remain no"

"But--"

"I'm serious. Let it go"

"Fine. What time did they say they will discharge you?"

"Dr. Hamilton said in three hours or so... he still has to check my vitals"

"Can--"

"No"

"I didn't even finish my sentence!"

"I know what you were going to say, you're my damn twin brother and I say no"

"What was I going to say?"

"You want the parentals to come and check me out? No"

"But Colton, they want to--"

"For Pete's sake Caleb, get it through your thick skull that it will never happen. Mom and dad don't give a damn about me and you know it, I've been the odd ball in the family since forever even if we're twins, they clearly favor you more than me. They don't care about me, they never did and they never will!"

"..."

"Look brother, I know that you don't like it and neither do I but it has been that way and it will continue to do so... mom and dad like you and Hailee... not me... never me"

"..."

"You and Hailee are my only family since mom and dad don't care so can we please stop talking about them and just celebrate that I'm finally out of here yeah?"

"... Yeah"

"I'm sorry brother"

"Not your fault. What do you want me to bring you?"

"You mean food? Bring some McDonald's, a double big mac, large fries and a super size coke, also add some candy in there specifically--"

"--Sour worms, Tim Tams and Hersheys. You're such a pig Colton"

"A man needs to eat, besides I've been eating hospital food enough now and I need real food"

"You're no man"

"Dude, do you realize when you say that you're also saying it to yourself because you look like me?"

"...I'm going out to buy food"

"You do that!"

Written: 05 April 2018Published: 28 April 2020

Published: 28 April 2020

---447 Words---