Chapter 19 "A Little Bump Ahead"

Scarlett

"Okay, water break guys," Olivia hollered, causing the dancers to erupt in cheers and broke out of formation as they went on their ways. Giving Olivia a sideglance, I made my way to the bleachers to drink my bottled water. Ugh, I'm exhausted! So today's practice wore me out, considering we had less than three weeks before the competition. Even if we completed our routine, we still have to polish everything.

"You know, you look sexier when you're sweaty," she commented nonchalantly before sidling up beside me. She then wiped the dripping sweats on her forehead before drinking her water.

"I know. You never failed to remind me that," I replied quirking a brow and smirked. Since she told me she liked me that much, she would constantly flirt with me or dropped subtle hints whenever she could. And I gotta say, I kinda liked it.

She chuckled, "Oh I would never get tired of reminding you that," she said and winked. 

"Oh yeah? Be careful though... or I might lose my sense of control," I teased, walking up to her and stopped in arms-length. 

She closed the gap between us, her face was inches closer, "What makes you think it's not what I want?" I travelled my gaze down to his lips as they curled up into a smile. I knew she was enjoying this and I wasn't sure if she was really flirting right now or just teasing me, nevertheless, I liked the proximity between us, it made me want to kiss her. But I knew I shouldn't 'cause kids were hanging around.

I gently poked her nose with my forefinger and stepped back with a grin on my face. "We'll pick this up later, somewhere more... private." I said the last word slow and seductively, biting my lower lip to add to the effect. If she wouldn't fall for it, then I didn't know what would.

And I guess she was when I noticed her blush and shifted her weight at the same time. She was looking at me way too long with something flashed in her eyes, like she was already undressing me in her mind, as she roamed her gaze from top to bottom.

"Oh we sure will continue this later," she said slowly, her voice a little low. We stared at each other, with smirks written on our faces, but our little staring contest was shortlived when someone cleared their throat. Our heads snapped to the guy, whom I couldn't remember the name but I remembered how stubborn he was every practice, standing on our side, his gaze flickered between us.

"Sorry to interrupt Captains but I do have a dare to do," he said smugly. I liked how he didn't beat around the bush but I disliked how he was looking smug right now.

Olivia crossed her arm, looking at him indignantly, "What do you mean?"

"We're playing truth or dare back there..." he pointed to a group of dancers, sitting in circle, looking in our direction expectantly, "...I chose dare and it's to... kiss Olivia." I turned to Olivia and saw her contemplating as she met my gaze. I doubted she would let him kiss her, I meant this was Olivia, she only kissed quarterbacks, bad boys and... lesbo, not some ordinary smug-looking guy. 

If you could hear my thoughts, no offense buddy! 

"Okay, sure."

Wait, what?

"Really? Ha, I know you couldn't resist my cha--" Before the guy could finish, Olivia smashed her lips to his, silencing him. I crossed my arms and watched them intently while hearing the cheers and claps of the other students. She was looking at me while letting out moans as their kissed was taking too long for my liking. I didn't know if she was trying to get me jealous or just that she missed kissing guys, but whatever it was, it kinda pissed me off.