007

Sammy Walcott

Red, my favorite colour but I think I'll go with black for now. No, black is my favorite too. Maybe my worst, yellow?

"Sammy, hurry." Mum says tapping on my door, her heels clanking on the wooden floor as she walked away.

I smiled, she must look so good now.

Ok what's it's gonna be Sammy, favorite or worst? Long sleeves or short? Definitely not Vest.

I settled on a blue hoodie just this time not baggy. I ran my hand through my hair, soothing down my stubborn curls. The bruise by my eye is practically gone and would be hard to spot but still, I applied a little makeup to hide it. Checking myself again on the mirror, I settled on the fact that I looked good.

Blue looks good on me and I've only wore this jeans for like five times, its brand new. I was tired too, I've been working on the house for almost an hour. The sitting room needed a lot of touching up and arranging.

My heart jumped when I heard the doorbell ring, followed by knocks. They are here. Elijah is here. I licked my lips staring at my reflection. Why are my doing this? For me and my reputation of always looking great or for Elijah.

Why would it even be for Elijah? Well, I've not seen him in years and he looks all rich and preppy. He even drives a Ferrari. I can't go looking like a grasshopper beside him. I've got to measure up, I've got to look like everything is splendid and all sunshine in my life.

"Honey, check the door please." Mum called from downstairs.

I ran down, licking my lips to moisten it up.

"Good evening." I greeted the familiar looking woman standing by the door as I pried it open.

"Sammy!" She shouted throwing herself at me in a bear hug. I choked but hugged her back. She looked the same, maybe taller and with shorter black hair.

"Mrs Gracia is so nice to see you." I say when she frees me from the hug.

"Call me Mona child. I'm still the same Mona Mona," she says causing me to smile fondly as I remembered my little self chasing her around, shouting, Mona Mona.

"I'm older now Mona. No more Mona Mona." I told her with a smile.

She smiled patting my cheek, "I know, you've grown so well Sammy. And handsome and cute and-- oh. If I had a daughter, she'd be marrying you in the second." She gushed, kissed me then walked in calling my mom's name in sing song.

I looked out and I saw my Elijah relaxing on a pillar outside, so effortlessly dashing. He wore denim jeans, and a dark T-shirt. His hair still looked messy but it also looked like he tired to do something to it. I frowned scolding myself to stop checking him out, its unlike me.

I saw him smirk, "If you're looking for my dad, he's not coming. Went back on an emergency trip." He looked at me and something turned in my stomach.

"My mom was right, you look good." He complimented looking me over.

"Are you coming in or not?" I asked gulping. What the hell is wrong with me?

He took long strides to the door. "This doesn't cancel lunch tomorrow Sammy."

"Just get your ass in here already."

He smirked, "Easy I'm coming, calm down a bit."

I scoffed leaving the door open and going in to be with sane people. People that didn't make me question my sanity.

Although we were having financial issues, deep ones, I was surprised seeing the dining table filled with dishes that all looked great. Looking really well anyone can see that this dishes don't cost much, they are among the cheapest of the cheap. But my talented mum made everything look exotic. Mixing this and this, decorating with style, you can't easily spot a leftover.

It was a small rectangular table with just four chairs. One of the chairs has long been in my mum bedroom but now it was out. If Elijah's father had come, we would've gone to bring an extra chair. I sat on the seat along the length, mum sat at one end. Elijah sat across me and his mum sat on the other end.

"Oh boy, Melissa strikes again." Mona says looking at the table, "my cookies look so lame compared to this-- and yes I brought more."

Mum smiled, blushing a bit. "This is nothing, really. I'd have loved to do more, to make all our favourites."

"This is more than enough Mom Melissa." Elijah says smiling at my mum.

Mum eyes gleamed in joy. "Ah Elijah, how I've missed you. I'm so glad you're back."

"I'm glad am back too." Elijah said then his eyes shifted to me quickly, before returning to my mum.

Mona and I took charge of dispersing the food around.

"Sammy is so grown up, I'm proud. I'm sure you have different girls barging into your home, Melissa." Mona says before chewing on her food.

"I wish, Sammy's just into his education and work. It bothers me." Mum sighed winking at me.

I gave her a look. I don't need my nonexistence love life discussed in the dining table. It inappropriate.

"Elijah's quite the opposite, I was worried he was going to get a poor girl pregnant. Coming here is such a relief, I don't have to bother about those girls anymore." Mona complained wiping off invisible sweat.

"Mum!" Elijah whined making me choke on my food as I wanted to laugh. His eyes turned to me and he smiled. I glared.

Typical. I really didn't expect anything less. I mean from the flashy car, the money, the looks, the attention he gets. Its so typical that he would be a fuck boy. A man whore. Chasing skirts around. I wonder why he's not having an orgy and is instead here.

I gulped down a full glass of water to release my nerves. They feel so tight and I feel choked up. Like something isn't right.

Fortunately dinner goes on swiftly, mum and Mona chatting away. Elijah joining in most time to either advert embarrassing stories or give one of his own. I only spoke when spoken to and the only time the atmosphere became awkward was when Elijah asked about my dad. My step dad.

I replied with a fine and thank that ended it. Soon the lively chatter resumed about anything and everything and soon enough dinner was over.

"Sammy why don't you and Elijah go up to your room and catch up on things. Us ladies will do the dishes." Mum said packing up plates from the table.

What the actual fuck? I glared at her telling her 'No No No' with my eyes but she either didn't understand or chose not to.

"Fine by me." Elijah said sealing the idea.

I dropped the plates in my hand down on the table with a loud clang. Great, just great.

----------------

Next chapter would be steamy. 😏 No get your minds out of the gutter. 😝

Thanks for reading, vote and comment.