Chapter 22 - Accepting (Edited)

Rose POV :
I walked nervously towards my house. I was now few feets away from my front door. I didn't know how dad was going to react. What would I say?

This morning I woke up groaning in pain. It wasn't comfortable sleeping on the floor. I looked around and saw that all of them were doing the same thing as they woke up. Except for Jason, typical, he was no where to be seen. After we all waked up properly, we saw a note that was left by Jason saying that I could go home and there was no trace of rogues right now.

I got curious as to what happened to the those men I saw last night. I asked Brad and he told me that they killed them, he said that without a single expression on his face. I gulped. Okay... so they killed them... No big deal... Right?

Now, they dropped me home and wished me good luck before each one of them left in their separate ways, while I was going to face death. I took a deep breath and turned the doorknob. Maybe he wasn't home... Maybe he was at work.

No he wasn't.

Here we go! I saw him sitting on the couch with his hands buried in his hair. He snapped his head at me when he heard the door open. I looked at him with an apologetic smile. He immediately stood up and walked my way. I closed my eyes expecting the worse when he suddenly hugged me. I opened my eyes confused. Huh? He stepped away and I could see the worry and the lack of sleep in his eyes.

"I was terribly worried... Where were you? "

"I am sorry... It is just I got really tired at the party so I slept at my friend's house... I hope you didn't mind."I lied. I feel bad for keeping this secret away from him, but it was for the best for two reasons. 1) He would think I was crazy, and 2) I didn't want him to be in danger.

"Then why weren't you answering your phone? "

Ugh! My phone was in my bag, which I still didn't know where it was."My phone is in my bag, "I said while my lips were forming a thin line. He looked at both of my hands clearly looking for my bag, but looked at me confused when he didn't find it.

"Where is it? "

How to answer this? How to answer this?....

"I forgot it here."I said nervously while smiling. He looked at me studying me to see if I was saying the truth. He finally sighed and told me "Okay... Well I have to go to work, I am already late... Is it okay? "

I nodded and he kissed my forehead then left me soon after. I let out a sigh of relief. That was close. It was Sunday and he had work? Well at least he didn't have to work as late as the week days.

I went to my room and layed on the bed. Oh how much I missed it. After a few minutes of enjoying the comfort of my long lost love. I stood up and took a shower. I wore shorts and a baggy T-shirt. I got out of the bathroom with a towel around my head. I froze when I saw that the window was open and the curtains were swaying from the wind. It wasn't open. I went to the window and closed it. I looked around the room to see if anything had changed, when my eyes caught on something that was on the bed.

I went to it and gasped. It was my bag! I took it and opened it. Everything was in there. I looked down and saw that there was a paper. I took it and read it.

'I am sorry you couldn't use it as a pillow'.

I smiled knowing exactly who brought it here. I didn't know anyone heard me because I almost didn't hear myself saying that. I went back to the window. What I saw made my smile even wider. Black fur was slowly disappearing into the forest.

~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~.

This week went smoothly. I was slowly learning everything I needed to know about werewolves and their lives. Now that I know their secret, I got really close to the guys and even closer to Diana. I even appreciated the fact that Jason wasn't so mean to me anymore. He was slowly changing. What worries me though, is that he was getting really tired. A day wouldn't pass by until he searched the entire land for rogues.

Since he had turned 19, a ceremony was made by his pack and now he was the new Alpha. Diana even told me about their uncle and how he raised them after their parents were killed by humans. That was why he hated humans and convinced everyone that we were the bad guys. He also said that a werewolf could never have a human as a mate, but he was obviously wrong about that which left them all wondering about what else he could be wrong about.

For the last week there has been no signs of threats coming from rogues after that night. Jason said we could never be so sure because we still didn't know who this 'B' guy was.

Since Jason was the Alpha now, he had told his pack everything that happened. The pack in return kept a look out if anything suspicious happen. His uncle didn't seem too happy that part of it was to protect me... A human. Jason made it clear that I was his mate and he couldn't change that. I was still processing that fact. What was I supposed to do? Jason only showed me his possessiveness and would argue with me if I disobeyed him. What if I loved someone else? How would that turn out to him?

However something seemed off with Zack and Luke. They were alone most of the time and they talked in whispers while they eyed everyone to see if anyone was listening to them. I didn't bother myself with them though. I didn't need more drama.

I asked Diana about this mate thing and she said that Jason loved me because I was made for him. Yeah right. Why didn't you say that he was also a half unicorn? That sounds more believable.

Even though nothing was happening, I started to have those dreams about my mother when she died and that was when I started to sense that something might go wrong soon.

~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~. ~.

I was now walking to my house with my usual stalker walking besides me in the forest.

I looked at him and shook my head of how silly he was acting. Everyday he would walk in his wolf form besides me in the forest and I could hear him outside my bedroom at night even though he denied ever being there.

"You don't have to watch over me Jason. "I yelled to him so he could hear me. He stopped walking and looked in my direction. He gave me a huff sound before continuing. I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior. He was being unbelievable.

I finally made it to the front door. I looked behind me and waved at him with a sarcastic smile that tells him ' I made it alive'. When he was satisfied I made it home safe, he ran to the forest. I sighed when I saw that he was gone, but I also smiled. It was the first time someone really cared about me that much. Every time I opened it up to him, he claimed it to be a mate thing and nothing more. It got to be more. Right?

I walked in the house and closed the door. I took a deep breath and smiled. Everything was finally going well in my life.

I went to my room, opened the door and my smile dropped. I saw dad sitting on my bed with his elbows resting on his thighs. He looked at me with a sad expression.

I realized now that I said it too soon. Because what he said next crushed me.