Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Julia's POV

We sit at the table in silence as we both eat the amazing food in front of us. "Oh my god," I groan. "This is better than getting high."

"You've gotten high before?" He laughs.

"No, I just mean... like, probably... you know? I mean it's addicting and..." I groan. "Nevermind."

He smirks.

"So, Max, why was that waitress surprised you were on a date? Are you known to not go on dates?"

He shrugs. "Yeah. I don't believe in love so what's the point in dating? But on the other hand, I've never met someone who kisses like you do."

I laugh and run a hand through my hair. "You don't believe in love?" I ask. "Why?"

"It's not past three in the morning so no deep conversations, and I am not drunk enough to talk about it with anyone."

I nod and finish the rest of my amazing food. I ordered a burger and chips because it was cheap yet still sounded good. I mean, when is a burger ever bad? Unless you're vegan...

"Would you like some dessert?" the waiter asks, holding menus in his hands.

I am about to open my mouth to say HELL YES WHO SAYS NO TO DESSERT, BROWNIES FOR LIFE, but before I can, Max replies.

"No thanks. We'll just get the bill," he says quickly.

I frown and the waiter nods and walks away. Max looks frantic as he pulls out his wallet and leaves a bunch of money on the table. "No dessert?" I ask, pouting.

"People from our school are here. Cover your face and let's go," he says in a rush and then gets up and walks quickly out the door with me right behind him.

I sigh when we're out of the restaurant and turn to look through the windows. I see a few students, but I don't know their names.

"Well, that sucks, I wanted to have brownies or waffles or cremè brulee or anything that will make me fatter." I frown as I start walking back to the school. At least the restaurant wasn't too far away.

"Wait, you walked here? Don't you have a car?"

"No, I don't. That's why I need dessert to have energy to walk back." I chuckle.

He smiles. "Look, I have food in the trunk of my car, but our date isn't over. I'll show you the food in a few minutes as long as you don't laugh." He walks to a Mercedes that is parked on the curb and unlocks it, then climbs in. I climb in on the passengers side, curious about what food is in this trunk.

"Where are we going," I ask as he starts the car. He drives down the road and glances at me for a moment.

"There is this place, I don't know what to call it or how to describe where it is, but it's beautiful and it makes me feel like I'm on the edge of the world. You'll see," he says.

"You know the world is round, right?"

"Yeah. Yeah. I mean, if it wasn't or whatever. It's obviously not the actual edge of the world, smartass."

I laugh and lean my head back into the comfortable black leather seats. Oh my god I could actually fall asleep in here. It is so comfortable. The back looks more spacious, through. It could probably fit six people if needs be.

We drive in silence and I stare out the window, watching as the buildings and houses fade away and we drive into a forest.

There is no way to get out of this town without passing a forest, and it makes me feel creeped out driving through a forest at night. It's like one of those weird horror movies where a man in a mask is gonna jump out of a bush with a chainsaw or some shit like that.

After a few minutes of driving in silence, we reach a cliff and Max stops the car. I look around and there is a waterfall just a few meters away, the water falling off the edge of the cliff and disappearing.

It really does seem like the edge of the world. If it wasn't for the slight silhouette of mountains in the distance I would have believed that there was nothing past the cliff. Even the water from the waterfall seems to be disappearing into white fog.

Max climbs out of the car, and the slamming of the door brings me back to reality. I turn and see him opening the trunk of the car. Yes, more food.

What could be better than being on a date with a hot guy by a waterfall and getting free food? Actually... "The only thing that could make this better is if we watched a movie and fell asleep together," I tell Max when he opens the car door again. He grins, holding bags of popcorn, chocolates and other super unhealthy food.

"I always knew you wanted to sleep with me," he jokes and I roll my eyes. "Climb in the back. I've got my computer in the trunk. You can choose the movie." He winks and my eyes light up.

This. Is. Amazing.

I quickly climb into the spacious back seat. Max grabs a few more things, Like his computer, blankets and pillows, and leaves it all in the back seat with me. Then he moves the front seats forward and puts the back seats down so we can properly lie down.

"How do you have all of this? Did you plan it all?" I ask and smile. He smiles back at me as he gets comfortable.

"Well, I didn't really plan for it... I just brought stuff for any situation. Honestly, I have baseball bats, a parachute and a shit tonne of alcohol in the back. I don't know why or what we would do with it, but I have it..."

I burst out laughing. "You really have no idea what we could do with that? Alcohol can make any object have a purpose." Max nods in agreement as he starts his computer and shows me the movies he already has downloaded. "Thanks, Max," I say.

"For what?"

"Today was fun."

~~*~~

I'm on holiday now so I'll be updating more often. Thanks soooooooooo much for being so patient, guys! I really appreciate it.

T w i t t e r : xPineappleGirlx
I n s t a g r a m : laylzk
S n a p c h a t : laylz_k

Lots of love and jelly tots- TPG