☆Jay☆ >Casual Conversations<

Song: Kids Again - Artist Vs Poet

Request: Me!

Ages: 16

Relationship Status:
Strangers -> Close friends

Word Count: 763

Notes: Dis is a high school au!

Warning: Mild language

Once again, you walked the halls alone. Avoiding stares sent in your direction, you pulled the hood of your (f/c) hoodie up and made your way to your class. Everyday was the same. You'd receive hate-filled glares from everyone for simply being alone. Even most of the teachers disliked you. You never really cared though. You preferred being alone because you were afraid to get close to someone only for them to stab you in the back. When you reached the class, you took your seat near the back of the class.

"Class, today we have two new students joining us today. Jay, Zane if you'd introduce yourselves." The teacher announced as two boys walked in. One had neat platinum blond hair and icy blue eyes and looked quite formal whilst the other had messy chocolate brown hair, electric blue eyes and freckles littering his cheeks. You found yourself immersed with him, and pulled your hood further over your head in attempt to cover your blush. After they introduced themselves, the teacher instructed them to find seats. You looked beside you and realised that there was an empty seat there as you'd always sat alone. The freckly boy, who'd introduced himself as Jay, made his way over to you and sat beside you.

"Hey! I'm Jay, as you might have gathered." He greeted enthusiastically, waving discreetly at you.

You turned away from him, muttering, "Y/N."

"Wow! You got her to speak! Don't bother trying again though, she'll ignore you completely!" Someone called out from the back, causing everyone but Jay and Zane to laugh. Although you'd gotten used to the constant teasing, it still hurt like a bitch. Small tears formed in your eyes and you quickly wiped them away with your sleeve. Jay seemed to notice this and turned to the guy that called out.

"Hey! Leave her alone!" He shouted at him, and turned back towards you, smiling softly. "I get it if you don't want to talk to me, but I can't just sit around and let them talk about you like-" you cut him off.

"Thank you. No one has ever stood up for me before," you whispered, smiling slightly at him. Jay nodded and turned his attention to the teacher, who had begun teaching.

Later that day, during lunch, you sat alone as usual. "Is it okay if we sit here?" A voice spoke kindly above you. You looked up, your hood falling off in the process, and was met with electric blue eyes. Jay stood there, five other people who you'd noticed joining your classes earlier behind him.

"Oh, uhh, sure," you said as they sat down. Thankfully none of the people who teased you came over, and you actually found yourself having a nice conversation with Jay and his friends, who'd introduced themselves as Kai, Lloyd, Cole and Nya; you already knew Zane. You thought they were relatively nice people, certainly nicer than everyone else in your school.

A week later you were with them every spare moment you had, and had joined their little group. They were the only people you felt like you could trust at school, and they'd proved themselves trustworthy. You had a strong feeling that none of them were likely to stab you in the back. Along with making new friends, you had developed a crush on Jay, and he was completely oblivious to it. Although you and him were almost inseparable, however many hints you dropped he didn't notice.

One day you and Jay were casually talking about how Zane and Pixal were meant for each other when he suddenly said, "I like you, ya know." It took you a moment to process what he'd said.

"What?" You asked, wondering if you'd heard him wrong or not.

"I like you. As, you know, more than a friend." He repeated, a small blush spreading across his cheeks as he scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"You do? I- I like-like you too, Jay." You replied, face bright red. Jay pulled you closer to him, and you wrapped your arms around him in a hug.

"You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to say that," you explained, voice muffled as you snuggled into Jay's chest. He placed a kiss atop your head.

"It couldn't have been longer than a week, right?" He teased gently.

"Pfft, I've been waiting forever for someone like you to tell me that." You claimed, still hugging Jay. You two stayed like that for a while, enjoying each other's warm embraces.