13

~13~

The next morning, Clara woke up in her spot on the chair across from Steve. She yawned and stretched, the chair not being the best place to sleep. When she looked up, she noticed a doctor coming into the room. "Are you Steve's doctor?" Clara asked, not knowing if it was a new one or not.

"Doctor Richards," She smiled and Clara shook her hand.

"How's he been doing? Do you know when he can go home?" Clara asked, tucking her hands in her pockets and tapping her foot.

"Mr. Rogers has shown a fast recovery. Just waiting for a few minor results to come back from the lab and you two will be free to go." Doctor Richards smiled.

"Thank you so much." Clara sighed in relief.

"It's my pleasure." Doctor Richards unplugged a few unnecessary things as well as pack a few things up before she left the room. A few minutes had passed and Steve finally woke up, gently pushing himself upwards on the bed.

"Is everything alright?" He asked Clara who had a smile on her lips.

"Everything is fine. You're being released soon," Clara answered. Steve sighed in relief and laid back down. They spent the next few hours chatting before they finally released him. Because it was difficult for him to walk at first, Clara wrapped one arm around his waist and her other hand was holding his as she lead him to Sam's car outside. He was nice enough to drive them back to Steve's apartment where she helped him up the stairs and into his living room. After setting Steve down, she noticed bullet holes in the tan walls, making her cross her arms as she looked back at Steve. "I'm not saying I'm the best at decorating, but..."

Steve chuckled, shifting in his seat as he closed his eyes. "I wasn't planning on having guests," he smirked before she asked him where his appliances were. Though Steve protested at first, Clara found his cooking pans and began to scramble some eggs. When she was finished, she handed a plate to Steve. "Thanks," he smiled up at her before she sat down across from him.

"It's gotta be better than hospital food." She smiled, before taking a bite of her own. When they were finished, she took his plate and began to clean up for him. When she was finished, she sat back down beside him and put her hands behind her head. "So, what do you want to do?" She asked.

"Well, there's not a lot I can do with a sling and all." He said, gently lifting his arm up to prove his point. Clara pondered for something to do for a second before a thought dawned on her.

"I've got an idea." She cheered.

***

Clara found out there was a store just a block away from Steve's apartment. She quickly made her way over there to pick up her idea. While at the video store, she grabbed all the Star Wars movies and bought them before making her way back to the apartment buildings. It started to rain, making the brunette soaked as she entered Steve's apartment. She expected him to be asleep, but he was standing by the fridge. Thunder boomed, causing Clara to jump out of shock. "Damn it Thor." Clara mumbled, Steve smiling softly as he grabbed a water bottle and closed the fridge.

"Did you forget your umbrella?" Steve asked as he took a sip of his drink, the smile still on his lips.

"Very funny." She said, tossing the bag of movies onto the couch. Steve noticed her shivering as she got settled back in to the warm room.

"You uh...you need some clothes?" Steve asked, taking the popcorn out of the microwave.

"I left all mine on the jet." She said, thinking back to her private jet she took there the night before. "You don't have to..." but it was to late. Steve had already went to his room and grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a flannel.

"They might be a little too big." Steve said, handing her the dry clothes. Clara smiled and gave a him a quick 'thanks' before quickly going to his room to change. As Steve was walking to the kitchen to pop a bag of popcorn, he couldn't help but see the bedroom door cracked open. Through the opening he could see her, dressed in his sweatpants as she started to button up his faded red flannel. He quickly looked away as he felt he was invading her privacy.

She soon walked out in Steve's oversized clothes and her wet hair in a bun. While Steve sat on the couch, he looked down at his hands to hide his smile. Clara sat down beside him after she put A New Hope in and took a handful of popcorn.

"I can't believe that you've been back for three years and still haven't watched Star Wars." She said as the commercials started to play.

"I was a little busy saving the world from aliens if you don't remember." He chuckled. He put his arm around Clara and she leaned her head on his shoulder. Through the movies, Clara would quickly glance up at Steve, noticing how amazed he looked while watching it. Funny how a guy who was injected with super serum, fought a nazi science experiment, joined a team of 'heroes' to take down an alien attack and fought his best friend from the 40s who's also a super soldier, is amazed by some cheesy, yet amazing, space movie.

By the end of Return of the Jedi, Clara had fallen asleep, her head still resting on Steve's shoulder. He gently lifted her up and carried her over to his bed before pulling a blanket over her. With one last glance at Clara, he picked up a pillow and a blanket and laid down on the couch, the sound of rain making him fall asleep.