¤ Carnal Urges ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

¤ ¤ ¤

"You'll heal within a week," I told the female as I carefully set down her left leg after finishing up the last of her stitches.

"For the mean time, you will be excused from training. Your Alpha will understand your circumstances when I inform his Beta."

The girl kept her head low as I turned around to clear up the rest of the medical supplies. She was showing me a submissive trait that I was starting to encounter more and more due to my recurring threat.

With the antiserum gone from my system, the wolf within was not hidden anymore, her potential no longer tethered and kept from greeting the world outside. Everyone could almost take notice of the reeking menace sticking to my skin.

A warning to the werewolves that she was close to reaching the surface, and there were no options left for me to mask it anymore.

Not even for a second did the female choose to meet my gaze, her eyes going anywhere but me as they stayed rooted to the tiled floor, and I could almost smell the anxiety leaking out of her pores; she was afraid of me.

"Hurting you is the last thing I would want to do," I said, hoping to put her at ease as I walked back to her with a roll of bandage in my hand, and I took notice of how she had her hands obediently placed above her thighs, her posture completely controlled as if to save herself from meeting the teeth of my stirring wild.

Sighing as I accepted the fact that the girl was never going to utter a single word to me, I sat down on the chair in front of her and grabbed her foot to rest it on my knee.

I started wrapping her leg with the bandage, keeping my movements quick and easy to lessen the time she spent with the monster she thought I was.

"What's your name?" I questioned her, but only to clench my teeth when I didn't get a proper answer.

"I'm going to ask you again," I said nonchalantly, trying to control my temper as I tried to keep my hands from applying pressure on her leg due to my thinning patience.

"What's your name?"

The female released an uneasy breath, "Lucy."

"That wasn't hard, was it?" I shot her a look which immediately forced her shoulder to curl forward.

"Take the week off of training, Lucy," I said after I finished wrapping up her leg, "you'll need some time to heal."

It was in the afternoon when I finally decided to leave the infirmary and confront Heath regarding my patient's leave. Knowing exactly where he spent most of his time, I made a short walk over to the training grounds.

The judging eyes of the pack members were trailing hot on my figure as I made my entrance, their heads turning before quickly looking away whenever I made a move to acknowledge them.